Song Help Request Wrote a song this morning

Nickie

Reaction score
"I usually wake up very early in the morning, and can't get back to sleep.
I don't know why, I don't know why, and I don't count sheep."

I've read that insomnia always comes with a reason. There is something I am supposed to do...
Once, it prompted me to write a book.

This morning, awake way too early as usual, uncomfortable with sore muscles and stopped up sinuses.

Nurses in NHs (nursing homes) are supposed to know every single med, what it's for, and its side effects, what S/S to watch for (as if she had time to watch) and why each Dr ordered that med for that patient. The doctors do not collaborate with one another, and I have counted as many as 27 different meds given to one patient every day! The other day I heard of a new nurse that was given 60 patients to care for in an 8 hour shift! I would have said "No thank you", punched out, and gone home. (You can do that if you don't take the keys or sign off on a medicine "count".) To do other wise can jeopardize your nursing license!

A silly song verse came into mind. So I decided to write it down. Searched all over for a pad (there are at least a dozen here)
Then another verse came, and another.
In about 20 minutes, I had a song about a minute long, without choruses.
It's about a conversation (a very common one) between a patient and a nurse. And it's goofy. I might even get in trouble for singing it in a nursing home!
No innuendo, no cuss-words, no reference to sex, but a suggestion to "rebel" a little.
A wary patient questions his nurse, "Why do you give me all of these pills?"
It goes on from there.
Now all I have to do is set it to music. Now, where did I leave my ukulele?

Sounds to me like your creativity is a much better way to "rebel." (I'm a shrink and would call that sublimation.) What a great outlet for your frustration! I hope you post a video of it when you're done.

i for one cannot wait to hear your song Nickie

It has been "set to music". Now all I have to do is find a web cam and see if my microphone works!

Top Bottom