Heaven's Gate by Graham Jong-Il (original)

Reaction score
Dublin, and occasionally a secret bunker under Mt.
Heyas! I love the forum!

I wrote a song here called Heaven's Gate. It's about a cult in the nineties of the same name. In general, it draws on a lot of things, I guess sort of identity and depression and a bunch of other stuff. Draw what thou wilt from.

I'm not too sure if it's any good though. Gah, the video is really really awkward and cringey and bleh. I'm not usually that awkward, I promise.

Anyway, I'd love to know what any of you think of the song, be it positive of negative. Lyrics and background below. Mahalo.

Heaven's Gate was an American UFO cult led by Marshall Applewhite. On March 19-20, 1997, Marshall Applewhite taped himself speaking of mass suicide and asserted "it was the only way to evacuate this Earth."

On March 26, 1997, police discovered the bodies of 39 members of the group who had committed suicide in order to reach an space craft which they believed was following the Comet Hale-Bopp. Authorities found the dead lying neatly in their own bunk beds, faces and torsos covered by a square, purple cloth.

Lyrics:

I must escape this hollow vessel
before my skin starts to rot.
Thirty-eight others are nestled
under purple sheets of cloth.

He showed my flesh it's lack of worth:
This ghastly structure of the earth.
He said: "You must hate this enough
to leave without my holy touch."

Chorus:
I am only half a man.
Love would only spoil my plans.