PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Represent... the THIRD!!! Nov14,2008

NukeDOC
10-06-2008, 08:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/pEsCaDoR/ukuleleunderground/SDREPUKEJAM3.jpg
San Diego Represent!!!
The Third!!!

San Diego Ukulele Players' Jam Session

In conjunction with Ukulele Underground Dot Com

Who:
Anyone that's interested in attending. No haters though. If you play another instrument that you think would go well with the 20 other ukes going on, feel free to bring it (ie: cajon, dembe, guitar, acoustic bass, tambourine, etc). Players of all ages and skill levels are welcome. Novices come to learn. Experts come to share knowledge. Everyone comes to JAM!
When:
November 14th (Friday), 2008 at 6:00pm.
If you run on Filipino Time then its 5:00pm for you!
Where:
Bonfire Pit by Paradise Resort in Mission Bay.

WHO IS BRINGING WHAT?
NukeDOC: 1 whole box of firelogs
Soobs: 3-5 2L of soda
funkypeanuts: *ehem... word
Britna: cups
Uku Windu: chips
mcarreon: "a buncha of them duraflames"
notoriousMOK: coverage as needed
ke leo: carpool from the OC

directions from the I-5:

take I-8 WEST toward "beaches"
exit West Mission Bay Dr toward "sports arena"
RIGHT on West Mission Bay Dr
CONTINUE on to Ingraham St
LEFT on Vacation Road
soon as you turn in make FIRST LEFT
you will come to a fork. you can find parking on either side of the Lagoon.
the bonfire pit we are targetting is the one that looks like a concrete set of bleachers.

here are some pics of the area:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/pEsCaDoR/ukuleleunderground/Picture1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/pEsCaDoR/ukuleleunderground/Picture2.jpg

JoeyJr858
10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
NICE flyer!

NukeDOC
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
NICE flyer!

credit where credit is due. nate (ukestar) made the flyer. but it was for the second jam session. i just edited it a bit to change the date and stuff.

polynesianpop
10-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I'd like to go to this! I work in Irvine so I can come down after work. Looking forward to meeting some of the San Diego UU'ers. :)

NukeDOC
10-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I'd like to go to this! I work in Irvine so I can come down after work. Looking forward to meeting some of the San Diego UU'ers. :)

that would be awesome! cant wait to meet you!

Britna
10-06-2008, 11:00 AM
count me in for suuure!

NukeDOC
10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
i sent out a buncha friend requests to the people that either showed interest in this or those that are stated to be in the san diego area. i will be using my friends list in the future to keep in contact with you about the bonfire.

if you would rather not receive any notifications, just let me know. no hard feelings. just tryin not to leave anyone out.

if you are in the SD area and are interested in getting updates and i missed you, just send me a friend request through my user profile. thanks guys!

Dilphat
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
how long you guys think you'll be out there? since class starts at 6pm for me. i could probably swing by really late after class, to be able to finally meet the uu family. :D

jsigone
10-06-2008, 12:03 PM
count me in!!!

Uke_Windu
10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
you can count me in...

whatevsalex
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
i sent out a buncha friend requests to the people that either showed interest in this or those that are stated to be in the san diego area. i will be using my friends list in the future to keep in contact with you about the bonfire.

if you would rather not receive any notifications, just let me know. no hard feelings. just tryin not to leave anyone out.

if you are in the SD area and are interested in getting updates and i missed you, just send me a friend request through my user profile. thanks guys!

sounds good! i (unfortunately) cant make it friday... :(
but definitely keep me posted

ricdoug
10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I'll just be arriving back from a 2 week vacation to the Philippines, on November 14th. I still might show up. I'll be off work on November 15th, too, so I can catch up on the jet lag. Ric

NukeDOC
10-06-2008, 04:35 PM
I'll just be arriving back from a 2 week vacation to the Philippines, on November 14th. I still might show up. I'll be off work on November 15th, too, so I can catch up on the jet lag. Ric

understood. but it would be cool if you could make it still!

sounds good! i (unfortunately) cant make it friday... :(
but definitely keep me posted

that sucks. sorry.

you can count me in...

make sure you let uke-wan-kenobi know also yah?

how long you guys think you'll be out there? since class starts at 6pm for me. i could probably swing by really late after class, to be able to finally meet the uu family. :D

not totally sure... but the first one, we were there till about 1030pm. the second one, we were there till after 11pm.

soliman
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Game Kaba? Game.:D

NukeDOC
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Game Kaba? Game.:D

game na game na! hahaha i knew you would come through bro!

FunkyPeaNutZ
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm there...with some goodies too. I'll keep the cooler in the car though. Gotta respect.

thesoobz
10-06-2008, 07:19 PM
DOWN ill ask for the day off

ill bring fire logs dont know how much but as much as i can.
and drinks? probably buncha 2 liter bottles. like 5-10 so someone bring cups..!

Britna
10-06-2008, 07:45 PM
We should make a list of things people should bring and then anyone that is coming should post what they will bring just so we have a rough estimate.
dooo itttt

Uke_Windu
10-07-2008, 03:59 AM
make sure you let uke-wan-kenobi know also yah?

him and i were jamming last night and i told him about it...he said that he would try his best to make it...so its a myb on his part but i will keep pushing...hahaha

NukeDOC
10-07-2008, 04:13 AM
We should make a list of things people should bring and then anyone that is coming should post what they will bring just so we have a rough estimate.
dooo itttt

good idea. ill add it to the first post as we go. but at the least, everyone should bring at least one FIRE LOG. like this:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/01-08/010408duralogx.jpg
its gonna be cold. so we will need at least 5 logs in at a time to keep the fire big enough. and even though they say they last 4 hours... THEY DONT. haha

Britna
10-07-2008, 08:29 AM
k so as of right now, what do we need?

food?
drinks?
cups/plates?

NukeDOC
10-07-2008, 08:41 AM
k so as of right now, what do we need?

food?
drinks?
cups/plates?

we can always use more drinks.
may be in need of cups.
and if anyone coming would like to be in charge of setting up some kind of barbecue for chow, feel free hahaha.

NukeDOC
10-07-2008, 08:47 AM
a list has been started on the first post in this thread to show who is bringing what (aside from the requested fire log to keep the fire blazin). if you would like to contribute, please post here and i will update the first post as needed. please check that post periodically for updates to this event.

AnthonyUkulele
10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
dude im fersure goingno doubt about that...i couldnt last time because of the rain and the time before was kuhz i was the family...this time nothing is going to stop me >:D

charlesadapon
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
damn!!! i have a dentist appt the week before:mad:, ill try to reschedule it so i dont have to make two trips back down to sd:o

Britna
10-07-2008, 07:01 PM
I could bring cups? haha.
I'll go to costco and get a bunch.

Uke_Windu
10-08-2008, 09:44 AM
how bout chips?...like the little individual ones?...i can go and get some of those

rayan
10-08-2008, 10:05 AM
If you guys are in the SD area, it is definitely worth it to check out these UU SDR events put on by NukeDOC. Amazing turnout and tons of fun every single time. Lots of pictures of past events in the forum too.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029&highlight=Diego+represent

thesoobz
10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
COME on SD!! lets get this planned out ahead its coming up! post up what you can bring and what not! =) please

mcarreon89
10-11-2008, 05:41 AM
been wating and its finally set.

i have a bunch of them durflames for some reason i dont know why and ill bring those also got fire wood. waitng to see familiar faces (funky bj arvin sees bugoy ) and new faces. i think ill try to get every person i know with an uke to go.

lets just pray that this time it doesnt rain on our fun. not that it stopped us last time or anything im just saying.

NotoriousMOK
10-12-2008, 11:42 AM
i got coverage if we get rain -- no worries!

ke leo
10-12-2008, 05:13 PM

PP, do you want to carpool?

Anyone else from OC want to carpool? I can cram 6+me in my SUV.

Please pm me so I can keep track.

NukeDOC
10-12-2008, 05:25 PM
PP, do you want to carpool?

Anyone else from OC want to carpool? I can cram 6+me in my SUV.

Please pm me so I can keep track.

thats very kind of you, ke-leo! thanks for stepping forward with this offer! i would love for this to result in more "nortenos" to come down and JAM OUT!!!

see you there! cant wait for this to happen!

NukeDOC
10-13-2008, 06:24 AM
hey guys check out the updated list of who's bringing what. just wondering if anyone would like to voluteer some of there barbecue skillz??? hehe.

if the chef can bring the barbie, and a couple others bring some dogs and buns, we might have a full blown party goin on. only thing missing would be a stripper pole. but that stays at home. hahaha

on month and one day away peeps! good thing we have two more gigs before this or id be ripping out what little hair i have on my head while waiting for nov 14 to come!

Ken Swagger
10-14-2008, 08:28 AM
I came to the first one and have been wanting to attend again ever since. I will try my damndest to make it.

thesoobz
10-14-2008, 08:25 PM
aye arvin i can bring couple logs too or a box who knows man who knows.
oh and i can bring food too. ill try to pick up like hotdogs and buns mann
i can probably get uhh 5-6 8packs of dogs and couple bags or buns!

remryan123
10-20-2008, 09:08 PM
i missed the last so ima make sure im going to be there

dafamcallsmebj
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
hey guys check out the updated list of who's bringing what. just wondering if anyone would like to voluteer some of there barbecue skillz??? hehe.

if the chef can bring the barbie, and a couple others bring some dogs and buns, we might have a full blown party goin on. only thing missing would be a stripper pole. but that stays at home. hahaha

on month and one day away peeps! good thing we have two more gigs before this or id be ripping out what little hair i have on my head while waiting for nov 14 to come!

doooooddddeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
u know i am there with the grill n shee!!!

il see what i can pick up as far as food wise though since ill beheadin straight out there from work!!

OrangeDice
10-22-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't know if I can make it yet but I'm definitely writing this down in my calendar!!

ke leo
10-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Who from d'OC is planning/wanting to go?

thi5guy
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
I will try to make it out. If I do I will stay for the weekend and crash at my sisters pad in Chola Vista.

UKESTAR
11-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Will see if I can make it.....always been really fun at those SD jams.. Dang Nuke....is there anything you DON'T know how to mod...haha...saw the "new" flyer for jam session III..nice work man!:rock:

I have a knarley knar knar mt. bike event on Sat. the following morning...argh!

dafamcallsmebj
11-03-2008, 03:11 AM
Will see if I can make it.....always been really fun at those SD jams.. Dang Nuke....is there anything you DON'T know how to mod...haha...saw the "new" flyer for jam session III..nice work man!:rock:

I have a knarley knar knar mt. bike event on Sat. the following morning...argh!

hope u can make it out man!!!
its gunna be awesome (come to think of it.. when isnt jamming awesome!!)
but if you cant make it out...
good luck on the 15th!!

NukeDOC
11-03-2008, 05:36 AM
just an update:

spoke to the band about the jam session and it looks like the WHOLE band is gonna be able to make it out!

tribal theory! bring the boys!

stateside islander crew! you know wassup!

mcarreon and the northside musical prodigies! hehehe i couldnt think of anything better to call you guys!

remember guys, this is NOT JUST AN UKULELE JAM SESSION. bring your other instruments if you got em!

deadeye
11-03-2008, 08:31 AM
wish i could come again..

one day! one day.

dafamcallsmebj
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
wish i could come again..

one day! one day.

i know a good day...

howz about nov 14???
sound good??
hahaha

man we wish you could come out again!!

Britna
11-05-2008, 06:21 PM
i'm stoked.

Parsa
11-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Hey, I live in Escondido. Maybe I'll come down.

Are you advertising in other uke forums?

Parsa

NukeDOC
11-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey, I live in Escondido. Maybe I'll come down.

Are you advertising in other uke forums?

Parsa
no im not, but feel free to post it in others.

wearymicrobe
11-06-2008, 04:42 PM
I will be there with my brother and a few family members and baked goods. I will need some help carrying the firewood to the pit though.

mcarreon89
11-07-2008, 09:38 AM
i will be there. with friends ukes and stuff. and them duraflame fire things. cant wait. got a feeling this one is gonna blow the first two away. and thats pretty hard to do.:music:

dafamcallsmebj
11-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I will be there with my brother and a few family members and baked goods. I will need some help carrying the firewood to the pit though.

im sure here will be plenty of us to help out!!

NukeDOC
11-08-2008, 01:29 PM
telephone: *ring ring*

you answer it: "herrow?"

on the other end of the line... a whisper: "seven days"

dial tone.

:eek:

hahaha okay, i know its really six more days. but if you include this one... i cant wait! for some reason, last night while i was at joey's bonfire, i was thinking it was gonna be another two weeks away. krikey!

for everyone coming... dont forget to mark off your check list:

1. most important, dont forget to bring your uke!
2. almost as important, dont forget to bring a fire log!
3. pretty damn important, dont forget to bring whatever else you were supposed to bring! hahaha

lets make this mofo happen y'all!

Bigg
11-08-2008, 07:34 PM
I'll most likely be there early since I have nothing better to do. I also don't want to get stuck in friday traffic coming from OC. Stupid traffic...

Britna
11-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Ahhhhhhh.
I'm sooooo excited. haha.
w00t

clevacheva
11-09-2008, 08:30 PM
man i'm missing out in all the fun in sd

thesoobz
11-11-2008, 11:05 AM
FRIIDAY! we are having a grill right? cause im going to bring dogs and i dont want to bring them if we cant cook them nawm sayying? haha let me know!
so far!

WOOOOOOT friday!

NukeDOC
11-11-2008, 01:01 PM
FRIIDAY! we are having a grill right? cause im going to bring dogs and i dont want to bring them if we cant cook them nawm sayying? haha let me know!
so far!

WOOOOOOT friday!
BJ is on the ball with da grill. so bring yer dogs!

thesoobz
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
DOOPPE. other people are bringing food right.. ahha i can only bring soo muuuch.! ahhaha

arvin bring yoru pono! i wanna play it!

NukeDOC
11-11-2008, 02:21 PM
arvin bring yoru pono! i wanna play it!
hahaha ill think about it. its gonna be cold and dry. id rather bring my lanikai out in that kine weather.

Britna
11-11-2008, 06:31 PM
a;skdjfas;ldkfjasdf
:music::music::music:

dafamcallsmebj
11-11-2008, 06:39 PM
a;skdjfas;ldkfjasdf
:music::music::music:

nice bump!!
hahaha

Bigg
11-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Two days and counting...

1 day, 2 days.

See I just counted. That's how many days are left.

Did I mention I'm bored right now...

Britna
11-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I think i'mma bring my roommates.
haha.
hopefully they won't get bored of us.

Uke_Windu
11-12-2008, 05:57 PM
oh yea!!!!...just got my UU shirt and sweatshirt today in the mail...please believe imma be rockin the new ish on friday!!!...the days cant go by fast enough...:rock:

Nurdaben
11-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Poly or ke leo what time are you guys gonna head down to SD? i am working in Newport (Scheduled till 515) but that could change since its a hospital. but was curious when you guys were planing on going maybe carpool if i get out of there in time.

dafamcallsmebj
11-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Tomorrow baby!!

Britna
11-13-2008, 06:20 PM
w00t!
:nana::music::nana:

Dilphat
11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
drats. i can't make it out. I got finals next week and tomorrow night i got review during the class. uhhhh =*(

ke leo
11-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Poly or ke leo what time are you guys gonna head down to SD? i am working in Newport (Scheduled till 515) but that could change since its a hospital. but was curious when you guys were planing on going maybe carpool if i get out of there in time.

I'm not sure that I can make it now...ugh! I will pm you and Poly so that we can touch base.

darrickshin
11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
is it invite only? TnT

i wanna go tooo~

NukeDOC
11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
is it invite only? TnT

i wanna go tooo~
consider this your invite. see you there!

anybody planning on hangin out with me early?

Bigg
11-13-2008, 09:55 PM

What time are you gonna be there? I'm hoping to be in the area around 2. PM me your cell if you want me to call you or anything.

jqrcaliman
11-13-2008, 10:30 PM
dang i saw this thread a few weeks ago and was really looking forward to it. then i forgot about it and wen i remembered that there was a get together coming up i thot i missed it so i was bummed. and now to find that i didn't miss it and i find out that i work this day i feel even more bummed. eff

ke leo
11-14-2008, 06:14 AM
What time are you gonna be there? I'm hoping to be in the area around 2. PM me your cell if you want me to call you or anything.

Biggie, Polypop and I are planning on meeting at the Target off the 5 at Alicia at 2 if you want to carpool. PM me by 1 if you want to go with us.

ke leo
11-14-2008, 06:16 AM
consider this your invite. see you there!

NDoc, happy to report the the OC will be represented!!! What would you like for us to bring? Duraflame or regular logs? Plates, food, drinks? How many folks are coming?

JoeyJr858
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
So my kid hasn't popped out yet, so there's a good chance I'll be rollin thru tonight! Maybe 8pm'ish. =)

I'll have some wood from old destroyed furniture if I do make it out!

I'd say bring a booklight, if you need your uke binders. HAHA
My first jam hang, the firepit was strong, but not strong enough for me to read my tunes unless my back was to the fire... if you imagine it... it just didn't work out! HAHA

I'm one of those, "I only remember the first verse and chorus" kind of guys! or... "hey... 2nd verse is ALL YOU, brah!". HAHAH that's why I mentioned the booklight!

ALSO, last friday we jammed till 1230pm. Park actually closes at 10pm, sprinklers on at 11. Cops came and said they'd ticket us 100 bucks per car if we stayed past 10 next time. Just a heads up! That's a fat bill I wouldn't want any of us to worry about.

Aight fellow UU's... hope to make it! =)

Uke_Windu
11-14-2008, 10:38 AM
ALSO, last friday we jammed till 1230pm. Park actually closes at 10pm, sprinklers on at 11. Cops came and said they'd ticket us 100 bucks per car if we stayed past 10 next time. Just a heads up! That's a fat bill I wouldn't want any of us to worry about.

ok, so with that being said, is there any street parking that we could use so we dont run into that problem?...the last thing i or any one else needs is problems with the police!!!...this is supposed to be a fun time...tickets are not fun

UKESTAR
11-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Looks like I am going to miss out on this one. The first two jams were super fun... Will have to look forward to part IV. What up SD!!?#....out!

Oh...take some pics and vid for us fo' sho':eek:

Bigg
11-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Leaving right now.

See all you f00ls down there.

Woohoo!!!

wearymicrobe
11-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Throwing a bunch of fire wood into the car along with a few ukes will be down around 5:30 or so to sit with NUKEDOC and the other early birds.

ricdoug
11-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Throwing a bunch of fire wood into the car.

Man, I wish I was there. Take lots of pictures and viseo for the rest of us. Currently, I'm in Antipolo City, Philippines. I've been playing uke all over the island in many barangays where they've never even seen or heard one. Most refer to it as a "cute ng small geetar"! LOL! Flying back on Monday the 17th and then will be getting ready for the first ever Ukulele Christmas Parade in La Jolla! Ric

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/windanseauke

UkePanda
11-14-2008, 12:55 PM
tang ina!! i got work from 6 to 10!!

JoeyJr858
11-14-2008, 12:55 PM
OH WOW...

awesome Ric! Which barangay you in? My fam is from Bulacan...

Nurdaben
11-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Well dosent look like im gonna be able to make it out. not gonna be out of the hospital till about 9 tonight now =\ hope ya all have fun

ricdoug
11-14-2008, 06:59 PM
OH WOW...

awesome Ric! Which barangay you in? My fam is from Bulacan...

Curently Virginia Summerville, Joey. I've been all over the island. Tarlac and Baguio were a lot of fun. Ric

JoeyJr858
11-15-2008, 04:55 AM
good fun last night everyone! Thanks Arvin for setting that up! So nice to meet the fellow SD peeps as well as the Santa Barbara crew and Orange County crew. Can't wait for the 4th meetup!

Sorry Ric, I wasn't able to take any pics/vid...

Shoots!