Thank you, ken!

Rick Turner

Reaction score
Just got my string nut divider from Ken today, and I've not ever seen a nicer made functional tool for lutherie. It's a thing of beauty and precision. It's also got a great hand feel to it.

Ken, if you add two more spikes to this, you'll have a great market in the guitar lutherie world. The size you've got on all the parts does allow it to go down narrow enough to do guitar nuts. As is, it's also small enough to do mandolins and maybe violins. I'm going to show this one to my pal Paul Hostetter who works on a lot of bowed instruments.

Boy, I wish I'd had this yesterday when teaching eight students to make mandolin string nuts. That task is actually so difficult that I'm going to set up a set of eight properly sized 3" diameter slitting saws with spacers on a stub arbor and pre-slot the nuts for my class. I've already switched to using a zero fret. Making string nuts is the single most difficult thing for my students...it takes hours...and for those who are not going to pursue the craft, it's just frustrating.

Just got my string nut divider from Ken today, and I've not ever seen a nicer made functional tool for lutherie. It's a thing of beauty and precision. It's also got a great hand feel to it.

Ken, if you add two more spikes to this, you'll have a great market in the guitar lutherie world. The size you've got on all the parts does allow it to go down narrow enough to do guitar nuts. As is, it's also small enough to do mandolins and maybe violins.
Ill go along with that thought too. :)
If you make a six pointer, I would certainly add it to my 4 point.

Maybe you will listen now old fella - this is a brilliant design and a six legger would have you chunking these out to the grave! So many guitar maker would want one you need never feel the pressure to make another ukulele again. Get the turned parts done on a CNC lathe and soon you will be king of the world in nut dividers that is!

Thank you Ken. Nice tool.. Mine arrived today. Aside for paying for itself in a very few uses, this tool is also perfect for layout/ checking the flutes on some of my plinths. Cheers mate!

Mine also arrived...very nicely made!

I just ordered one. Not going to let another awesome tool pass me by and only come to the realization that I needed it when it was impossible to get anymore.

Top Bottom