The Futulele

Corvidphile

Reaction score
Saw this post on boingboing.

FUTULELE is an upcoming Ukulele synthesizer for iOS. Although it can work on a single iPad, similar to our well-known guitar synth OMGuitar (http://amidio.com/omguitar), Futulele really shines with a special guitar-shaped case that holds both an iPad and an iPhone, which are connected to each other via Bluetooth. iPhone is used to define the chords and iPad is used for strumming.

I'm.....stunned.

A solution to a problem that doesn't exist! :p

-or-

It's just like a real ukulele...
...only bigger, more expensive, heavier, and worse sound! :eek:

-or-

For the man who has everything! (other than an actual ukulele of course ;) )

Last edited:
:boggle:

Personally, I'm a tech geek but at any given moment, including at work, I'd be more likely to be found with a uke in my hands than an iPad!

So...like...invent a uke that I can use to surf the web and check e-mail and we'll talk... LOL

John

Last edited:
And all this time, I've been trying to figure out how to text with my Koaloha.

Awesome, Great voice and a pretty face! I see the future now... I'm gonna mill all that koa I have into chopsticks and forget about the uke market; too tough with you guys anyway. Chopsticks will be sold by the pair until the stock is gone.

I actually like it since i always go around with my ipad (not always have a uke) it would be cool when i tell someone i sell ukuleles and break this out as a demo lol,,,,now how much are they?

Wow!

Yet ANOTHER reason not to get an iPad or an iPhone!

Up until now, it was just because I didn't like the product - now I can hate the app, too!

-Kurt​

Too funny! I have lots of music and ukulele related apps.. But I'm gunna pass on the one. I might actually bite if you didn't need a wacky case to support it. The idea that you can noodle around at say.. the waiting room at the dentist has an appeal, but not if you have to plan ahead and bring a special case.

It looks cleaver, but a big flaw for me is the short scale. Can't reach those alternate chords and high notes. Probably wouldn't work too well for finger picking.

Well at least they sampled a high quality uke, right? Jeez, this is why the app store needs heavier moderation.

:boggle:

Personally, I'm a tech geek but at any given moment, including at work, I'd be more likely to be found with a uke in my hands than an iPad!

So...like...invent a uke that I can use to surf the web and check e-mail and we'll talk... LOL

John

This. Exactly this.

Maybe we can figure out a way to mount a smart phone to the back of the headstock?

Hm...wheels are turning...

Futulele

Here's a link a friend sent that I want to share about a product which uses the iPad along with an iPhone to make a virtual ukulele.

This is a double whammy for those of us who like tech gadgets and ukuleles!

http://mashable.com/2012/03/06/futulele/

Is it me, or did the rather lovely woman not form the chords properly? I noticed only one light came on at a time on the screen.

Whatever, Futilelele will be a better name. Any of my ukes will still be being played long after those Ithings are landfill.

Last edited:
Personally I'd rather have a real DeVine baritone and go back to writing letters and licking stamps and walking to the post office to mail the letter and get some exercise and meet a few real bodies and and and

Top Bottom