George Formby Jnr. 26 May 1904 – 6 March 1961.

UkeLad

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the 51st anniversary of dear George's passing.
26 May 1904 – 6 March 1961.

Thanks for the laughs and the songs Mr. F - here's hoping you're not getting too mithered off all of them cheeky fast cats up there! :)

Gee that 12 months went quick!! I loved watching the 50th Anniversary video put out last year - specially the Blackpool ROck made specially with George Formby in it ..... I would LOVE to get a stick of that!!

I still enjoy watching & listening to George - great fun!

Vale, George!

Roberta

Gee that 12 months went quick!! I loved watching the 50th Anniversary video put out last year - specially the Blackpool ROck made specially with George Formby in it ..... I would LOVE to get a stick of that!!

I still enjoy watching & listening to George - great fun!

Vale, George!

Roberta

Thanks for replying Roberta :)

I work not too far from where George's grave is, so I'll be making a little trip there later.

This guy certainly helped me develop in my uke playing - so I'm happy to say a word of thanks to him.

:)

Hello UkeLad,
Thanks for the memories. "If you could see what I could see when I'm cleaning windows"
Regards
1931jim

Last edited:
Thank you UkeLad for sharing your trip with us here at UU. The misty day must have been bone chilling as you say.
The white marble was very impressive and your card was such a nice gesture on your part. We are all very mortal aren't we and it indeed gives food for thought as I myself am in my sunset years. Cheers and TTFN.
Sincerely
1931jim

Thank you UkeLad for sharing your trip with us here at UU. The misty day must have been bone chilling as you say.
The white marble was very impressive and your card was such a nice gesture on your part. We are all very mortal aren't we and it indeed gives food for thought as I myself am in my sunset years. Cheers and TTFN.
Sincerely
1931jim

Sorry for late reply here - very much appreciated Jim. :)

Even though I now spend most of my playing time on different stuff, I still practice all his strokes/strums in case one day I can put it all together and get those solos right...

Even though I now spend most of my playing time on different stuff, I still practice all his strokes/strums in case one day I can put it all together and get those solos right...

I'm also practicing regularly doing the split, triple and 'shake' - getting there slowly! :)

Top Bottom