My new Compass Rose

bobmyers

Reaction score
Well Rick Turner is alive and well, my new Compass Rose custom tenor is unbelievable, judge for yourselves from pics enclosed. Its perfect in every way, solid Sycamore body , back and sides, Red Cedar face. As pretty as any I have ever seen and sounds beautiful, its the lightest tenor I ever used and the susTain is unbelievable. I waited a good two months past its promised delivery date, but it was worth every minute.
BobSycamoreCedarFrontSideSound.jpgSycamoreCedarSides.jpgSycamoreCedarBack.jpg

Man, that's almost so pretty it hurts to look at. I had no idea sycamore could have such beautiful depth in its grain pattern. You're going to have to learn Desdemona's song now.

Congrats, Bob. I think that one's a keeper.

congrats! Looks well worth the wait.

Congratulations. That red cedar top looks great on the sycamore body. A perfect combination.

Thanks for posting, Bob.

I really need to give longer lead times for anything ordered in the fall or early winter. This happens every year...from T-Day to the NAMM show everything here takes twice as long as I think/hope it will what with my luthiers taking vacations, with long holiday weekends, and with the inevitable crunch to get a bunch of stuff ready to show at NAMM.

And I'm really liking matching the sycamore back and sides with cedar or spruce tops. The difference in the woods enhances the richness of the sound in subtle ways.

Coming soon we'll make another few really out there ones...the "Harlequins" with two different woods for each half of the top, back, and sides.

absolutely stunning uke congratulations, beautiful grain effect with the sycamore

Wow! That is a beautiful ukulele! I don't dare ask what it cost. Congratulations, I bet it sounds wonderful.

Very nice. I need to try one of his ukes out when I make it back to the states.

Super lovely uke! How does it sound? Do you like your cedar top?

Congratulations bob...wow how does the compass rose compare to your Santa Cruz.....wondering minds wanna know....

That is gorgeous

Congratulations! You have yourself a beautiful ukulele! I've had a chance to play a few Compass Rose ukes at Gryphon Strings, and they're exquisite instruments.

That is amazing work. Thanks for the pics, I enjoyed seeing it.

Oh you evil people and your pictures of Compass Roses. I'm trying to save up for a watch over here, you're not making that easy, just so you know. ;)

Seriously dude, congrats on the awesome uke.

Jeesh that is beautiful. I wish I could afford that old coot's work, lol.. Good on ya yet again Rick. My dream is to someday have a Compass Rose. Many have the K brand dream ukes, many all well worth dreaming for. But, mine is one of Rick's Compass Roses. Nice.. really nice.

Top Bottom