Kala asac te vs pono ac-e

UK Paulie

Reaction score
I have about a half hour (when the pono finishes on ebay) to decide between the pono (Solid acacia concert, with pick-up) and the kala ASAC-te (solid acacia tenor with pick-up) I did have my heart set on a tenor as I already have a concert sized instrument BUT, the most important factor here for me is SOUND!! Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone played either instrument or better still, played both? Which should I go with? HELP!!!

If your picture shows a uke that you already have (Moore Bettah), then I wouldn't see the point of purchasing any of these ukes.
But that's just an assumption.

ANYWAYS! I would say the Kala ASAC-TE would be the better of the two because:
1) You already have your heart set on it.
2) It's a different size. Get one of each. (This will be the best reason you have to purchase new ukes)
3) 2!

Have fun!

I have the kala tenor its lovely

If your picture shows a uke that you already have (Moore Bettah), then I wouldn't see the point of purchasing any of these ukes.
But that's just an assumption.

ANYWAYS! I would say the Kala ASAC-TE would be the better of the two because:
1) You already have your heart set on it.
2) It's a different size. Get one of each. (This will be the best reason you have to purchase new ukes)
3) 2!

Have fun!

Hey, if I had a moore bettah i wouldn't be doing ANYTHING other than playing it, let alone looking for new ukes!! I wish! No I use that for my pic because a)I love chucks ukes (playing one is the closest I've gotten so far) b)I love dragons and c)I love the wood. I didn't get the Pono for the reasons you gave actually, (why buy another concert when I dont have a tenor) and i didn't get the kala either! Haha! I'm Mr decisive...I settled with an Ohana TK-35CG for these reasons. A)literally everything I've heard about Ohana's has been positive b) I love the sound of every Ohana I've ever heard and C) I honestly couldn't notice a big enough difference in sound (if any...) to justify the leap in price. This decision has left me with enough cash left over from my original budget to get either a soprano or a decent hard case. Thanks to all of you for the help and advice. Mahalo!

Hey hows the mainland sound since you performed surgery?? Hows the sound interpretation with the mi-si?

Thanks for thye advice too BTW!! Mahalo!!

I'd go for a Pono over a Kala, but if you want a Tenor, go for the Tenor... or wait until you can pick up a Pono Tenor. After playing a Pono for awhile, I'm a big fan.

Pono. No contest.

This is my thought, and I sell Kala's! The kala isn't even in the same neighborhood as the Pono :) I wish I could convince our owner to pick up the Pono line, they IMO are the best import ukes on the market.

Yes, i just wondered how the mainland sounded with the mi-si installed...

I just had a Mi-Si installed in my Concert Red Cedar/mohog Mainland.. and it is AMAZING.

Such a good pure sound.

Yes, i just wondered how the mainland sounded with the mi-si installed...

Okay I was confused. It sounds great I have the misi in my kala acacia tenor and mmainland mahogany tenor. Best purchase I could have made never given me any problems at any gigs

Top Bottom