New Uke Day, Woohoo!

hammer40

Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of a Pono AT Ukulele. All I have to do now is learn how to play it, easy right?

This is my first Ukulele and my first instrument. I went with more of an upgraded uke instead of a starter, so I could grow into it as I learned and not have to buy another one so quickly. I think having such a nice uke will keep me motivated to practice as well.

Actually I got it a couple of days ago and got started practicing with a few easier chords to start with, the 3 chords C, F, and G and a finger picking exercise. I know it's only been a couple of days but I seem to be picking up the finger picking much easier than the fret hand chords. Must have been all those years of air guitar, it's not like you can air guitar fret chord positions...lol. I have small hands and short fingers so I can see it's gonna take a lot of practice on that fret hand.

I have to say it's a beautiful uke, it sounds incredible and the fit and finish is flawless. I'm glad I went with the satin finish too, it gives it a nice natural, woody feel and look to it. It's really well balanced and not top heavy at the headstock at all. It just really feels good in my hands, and you can just tell it's a quality instrument. I got a really nice O'ahu hard case with the uke at no charge because the website mistakenly advertised it priced with a hard case. They caught it but honored the ad anyway, which was nice.

Anyway, here are some pictures, I know everyone always wants pictures.

Sweet instrument. Enjoy!

Congrats on your first uke! She's a beauty.

Congrats on your new Pono and your new ukulele journey..need help..were here...great place with great people here
always willing to help..Happy Strummings..

Wowzzer. Very pretty first uke. I'm sure you two will be happy together.

Congrats. Beautiful instrument. I own and play it's big brother, The Acacia Baritone. Curious, does the tenor have an adjustable truss rod? I wondered about this but always forgot to ask the folks at Ko'olau.

Thanks.

Congrats. Beautiful instrument. I own and play it's big brother, The Acacia Baritone. Curious, does the tenor have an adjustable truss rod? I wondered about this but always forgot to ask the folks at Ko'olau.

Thanks.

Yes, it has the adjustable truss rod.

That's a beauty for your first uke, but it will likely be the first of many. It won't be long before UAS kicks in. ;)

Congrats hammer40. I am happy for you but jealous also because I have a Pono on order from HMS and can't stand the wait!

Such gorgeous wood!

New Uke Days are the best days ever :D

Congratulations on your new uke! It's absolutely gorgeous.

Top Bottom