Darkstar "Hibiscus" Solid Body Electric Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
SOLD

I am selling my Darkstar "Hibiscus" solid body electric tenor ukulele to help defray other expenses related to automobile accidents and insurance premiums. This instrument was named "Hibiscus" by the builder for the flowers often printed on Hawaiian shirts. The hibiscus is the ebony flower inlaid in the redheart fretboard. It is a mahogany, maple, and walnut neck-thru solid body tenor. The neck has a carbon fiber truss rod. The top is bubinga and the back half is mahogany. It has one custom made Alnico V single coil and a carved cocobolo bridge with a bone saddle set up as a string-thru-body arrangement with another pearl flower peaking out from under the edge. The traditional style bridge as opposed to a hardtail style unit is to allow for a slightly wider string spread.

Here is a video/soundbite of the instrument. I am playing the instrument through a Vox Mini3 amplifier:

Here is a link to the builder's website for more photos of the instrument:

http://www.darkstarguitars.com/index.php?id=161

Includes Fusion padded gig bag.

I am asking $750. for the instrument and I will pay shipping within CONUS. Outside of CONUS, we can discuss shipping arrangements and cost.

Thanks for looking...!!!

Attachments

• DARKSTAR 001.jpg
    DARKSTAR 001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DARKSTAR 002.jpg
    DARKSTAR 002.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 82
  • DARKSTAR 003.jpg
    DARKSTAR 003.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DARKSTAR 004.jpg
    DARKSTAR 004.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DARKSTAR 005.jpg
    DARKSTAR 005.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
WOW!!!!! That is super sweet.

Oh, this is beautiful...is it still available?

What kind of strings can this handle?

Oh, this is beautiful...is it still available?

What kind of strings can this handle?

Yes, it is still available. I think it is strung with D'Addario 9s at the present. The 3rd string is not wound, only the 4th string is wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom