Daily Ukulele March 7th 2012

joeybug

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone :D

I'm on a day of editing and playing and possibly writing today, I need to get some words for an essay as well as editing a book I wrote and getting it ready for release. I'd never heard of this song before, but I do think it's quickly become my new favourite!

Page: 271
Song: World Without Love

Inspiration

Enjoy!

Grab your Uke and get :music:

Good morning Joey, Thanks again.

So you got a thing for Fm, eh? All the minor cords sound great on the uke. Have a good one.

Cool, Joey! You do love yourself that Fm!

The song has an interesting backstory. Paul McCartney wrote the song (John Lennon is quoted as having said "I think he had that whole song before the Beatles") and gave it to Peter & Gordon, who had a hit with it (#1 in the US). Peter is Peter Asher. Paul dated Peter's sister, Jane. Peter & Gordon recorded a bunch of McCartney songs (credited as Lennon/McCartney) that became popular, including Nobody I Know, I Don't Want To See You Again, and Woman. Somewhere out there is a CD of songs written by the Beatles that were recorded by others but not by the Beatles.

Nice Joey! Your daily posts are inspiring. Now to go practice that one.....

Cool, Joey! You do love yourself that Fm!

The song has an interesting backstory. Paul McCartney wrote the song (John Lennon is quoted as having said "I think he had that whole song before the Beatles") and gave it to Peter & Gordon, who had a hit with it (#1 in the US). Peter is Peter Asher. Paul dated Peter's sister, Jane. Peter & Gordon recorded a bunch of McCartney songs (credited as Lennon/McCartney) that became popular, including Nobody I Know, I Don't Want To See You Again, and Woman. Somewhere out there is a CD of songs written by the Beatles that were recorded by others but not by the Beatles.

Thanks for letting me know this, I had wondered why, if it was a Beatles song, there were only videos of Peter and Gordon playing it!

Top Bottom