Pick Guard?

Hey Elio, are you familiar with window tinting film. Basically the same procerss, except the Mylar is a bit thicker and the adhesive is probably a different type. If you look at the Install Instructions, you can go either dry or wet. Most tint installers prefer a wet install. You might wanna hit up Dom for some advice on application.

Does anyone know of a place in San Diego, that will carry the Mylar Guard?

Has anyone tried the removeable type that is sold on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Clear-Removab...ptZGuitar_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Just curious if its worth it.
I'd tend to go with something like this over an adhesive one if you have a non-nitro gloss finish. If I did go with an adhesive I would definitely go for a wet application though...having installed more than a few screen protectors on various devices I know that it's almost impossible to position an adhesive perfectly the first time and even more impossible to avoid bubbles. The wet application gives you the ability to reposition AND avoid (or eliminate) bubbles. (You still have to be careful, but it's a lot more forgiving.) Note that the linked instructions don't tell you to make sure you wash and dry your hands thoroughly before starting and then coat your fingers with the wetting solution before handling the material. This minimizes the chance of getting fingerprints on the edge of the material and/or affecting the stickiness of the adhesive where you touch it. (Don't ask me how I know.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom