Best low- to mid-priced ukes?

the_dude

Reaction score
What do you feel are the best ukes in the low or low-mid price range? Say, $100 - $400 or so.

• Kala?
  • Lanikai?
  • Ohana?
  • Cordoba?
  • Oscar Schmidt?
  • Ibanez?
  • Fluke?
  • Pono?

I know there are many brands in that range. What are your 3 favorites?

wow, that's a big price range. at the bottom end, one of the solid spruce top Kala or Lanikai are good for the price, well made, nice finish and tone. at a little more than your top, you could get a used K or custom, depending on the size. hundreds of ukes to choose from at the middle, I think the cedar top Kalas are some of the nicest sounding ukes I've played. I've owned 3. Kala, Lanikai, and Fluke are the only 3 of the brands you listed I've owned. I'm sure the other makers have some good models too.

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify: I'm not looking for buying recommendations per se, just taking a survey.

Your list left out aNueNue, Islander, Mainland, KPK, Sailor, and Luna.

I'd take any of the first five on my list over anything on yours save the Pono.

I would add one more to your brand list and its even Hawaiian made! Kelii - The are in that price range but your gonna get at least a Koa top or somtimes all Koa body work. Its gonna sound quite a bit better than the imports listed!

I have a "few" ukulele's, but the only one I own on your listing is a Fluke......great uke. My goto Uke is actually a Tiki Flea (which is not on your list). I would second the above in that I would definitely add Mainland to the list. I own 3 of those and they are all Great ukulele's!

Top Bottom