Is it weird to name your Ukulele?

No, wierd is expecting it to answer when you call it...

Actually, I think naming inanimate objects is a little strange but I have some good friends who do that and so far they haven't become serial killers or anything so I guess it's a benign affliction... :)

John

No, wierd is expecting it to answer when you call it...
John
aaaah, yes, more fragrant back-door wisdom from ye olde phart
:eek:ld:
really weird is when you converse with it...but I'll save that for my therapist....he he :eek:

UkesAreEpic,
how did you come up with this name for your uke? :smileybounce:

Cars, motorcycles, ukes, and guitars all NEED names.

Well I was going to name my favourite uke "Little Allan" but that name was already taken by my favourite body part.

Well I was going to name my favourite uke "Little Allan" but that name was already taken by my favourite body part.
I LOL'd, almost ROFL'd
I name all my ukes. like my dog, they bring me joy and are part of my family and deserve a name and respect. Hippy-dippy, for sure.
David Gill Spruce top Concert Pineapple - Bob
Custom Boatpaddle 12 fret 5-string - Tramp (Has and inlay on the back, like a tramp stamp)
David Gill aromatic Cedar tenor Fluke - Kevin (Some call it my bacon uke since the wood looks like bacon)
No Name 6" 20's banjo uke - Sally
Black Risa solid Soprano - Sven
Gold Tone banjolele Delux - Allen? (Just got it, last owner was Allen, it may end up being Ben or Hal)
Oscar Schmidt OU-2 with custom paint job - Chief (Also refered to as #1)

well i must admit, to my eternal shame, that there was use of google to come uo with the name. i went on name websites for ideas, then i decided on baily cuz it suited my uke and rhymes with ukulele :D

Please be careful.
Make certain it is legal where you live.

btw guys plz folllow my blog !! i have no folllowerss D:::

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it weird to name your Ukulele?

In a word. yes.

I haven't named any of my ukes, but I now know that the one thing I never will call one of these instruments that I regularly hold in my hands is "Little Allan."

"is it weird to name your ukuleles?" - Absolutely not! I have one on order, expecting him to arrive any day now, he is called Walter.

Mine are Ron and Bill (Weasley) my guitar is Ginny and my harmonica is Harry. Anyone would think I was a Harry Potter fan!!!

Top Bottom