Wanted to Buy...Soprano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukezouk

Reaction score
G'day all,
This is my first post here,I hope y'all can be of help.
I'm looking to buy a Solid Timber Soprano Ukulele,with a warm tone,good intonation/tuning,a price range up to about $400.00.....and .....NOT made in China..
Could you recommend some Brands please..?
I'd be interested in a Second Hand/Vintage Instrument for sure...as long as it fits the above criteria...
I have a couple of Baritones but I want to get myself a Soprano for a more Traditional sound..
Thanks in advance for your help....Charlie.

That is a tough one (taking out the Made in China). I saw a mahogany Kamaka Pineapple Ukulele on ebay this morning for $395 I believe. For just a few more dollars than $400 you could buy a new soprano Koaloha. "garyg" had both a very good Gretsch and Favilla for sale on here just a few days ago. Maybe one of those is still available.

There are a couple of great uke builders up here in the northwest who can make a very nice soprano uke in that price range. Check out Brad Donaldson and Duane Hellman (Black Bear ukuleles). Both are members (Bradford and BlackBearUkes respectively) here, too.

Of course, you'd have to be patient.

hi Charlie and welcome to the forums!

where are you???? if you're in the UK I'd say to contact Breuko; they are a German family business and build gorgeous sounding lightweight ukes - you could even get them to fully customise one for you for that price or under. If you're USA I'd say look no further than Duane Heilman (member 'BlackBearUkes') who would build you an amazing sounding ukulele without fancy appointments for around that much too.

Good luck in your search and final decision mate. :)

Thanks for the welcome Eugene....I'm on the East Coast of Australia.....
And.........I think I just sent Garyg a PM.... (having a wee bit of trouble with the buttons !!!)

PM sent Charlie, If you'd like references for folks that I've sold ukes too you can contact wdonley, scdano or fabioponta . cheers, g2

G'day again,
Thanks to this post ,I've bought a Ukulele..an Ana'ole Soprano SMA model.
Thanks to all who offered advice...well done folks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom