Perform to raise money?

Ryan<3Ukes

Reaction score
I just watched the Kony 2012 video from Invisible Children literally like 3 minutes ago and I'm thinking about wanting my uke club at school or me personally to play to raise money for IC. Watching the video had me thinking about the beginning of the year when we watched the Invisible Children documentary and how bad things were over there. We DO have an invisible children club at our school and we also have pink ribbon club (for breast cancer awareness). Do you guys think it would be a good idea for our club to team up with the other clubs to raise money for our charities and how would we go about doing that? It's a little too late now since school has hit the busy season until spring break but I still have after spring break and the year to plan. I also want to this because we have to do service hours at our school and I thinl it would be more fun to do this instead of me going to the animal shelter and reading to animals even though I end up just standing around reading the book to myself for 2 hours. It's just not enjoyable to me...

Kony 2012

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Last edited:
I also want to this because we have to do service hours at our school and I thinl it would be more fun to do this instead of me going to the animal shelter and reading to animals even though I end up just standing around reading the book to myself for 2 hours. It's just not enjoyable to me...
They have you read to the animals? That's really weird.

Most shelters would be happy to have you walk the dogs or just spend time socializing with the animals. That short walk would be the highlight of a shelter dog's day (getting out of the cage and all) and even just petting/talking to an animal/spending some time with it would give a sense of normalcy in an otherwise unpleasant environment. But reading a book to them? :confused:

They have you read to the animals? That's really weird.

Most shelters would be happy to have you walk the dogs or just spend time socializing with the animals. That short walk would be the highlight of a shelter dog's day (getting out of the cage and all) and even just petting/talking to an animal/spending some time with it would give a sense of normalcy in an otherwise unpleasant environment. But reading a book to them? :confused:

Yeah. If you've heard of El dorado park near L.B, CA theres an animal shelter there. It's supppsed to calm them down or something. I find myself enjoying the book more than the animal.

Top Bottom