How to mark ukes as mine?

Freeda

Reaction score
My ukes are fairly generic. I am an absent minded type so very likely to leave one lying about. How do you mark your uke for ownership? Name/address sticker inside the sound hole?

I dont let them out of my sight. If I needed to put ID on it, id probably put a label that i know can be easily removed on the back of the headstock. stickers in the soundhole might come loose and rattle/buzz.

I put tags on the cases with my info. for the ukes, I have one with an inlay of my logo, one with a label that saya "Made for Tim Szerlong" and one with a copper etched headstock logo
Ever think of marking them, not like a dog, but maybe a sticker on the back of the headstock?

I pee on mine.

I have no life nor means of social interaction. They're all my preciouses :uhoh:

Where do you leave them "lying about"? In my house, I don't care, as they're all mine and it doesn't matter where I leave them.

But if you're out and about, how many do you take with you? Or are you living in some kind of communal space/dorm?

My job takes me many places. We serve disabled folks so any of their homes or anyplace they may be. Also there have been times where items of mine have "wandered" away from my office in the company of a client. Sometimes they don't have a really clear understanding of ownership concept. I have to mark all of my cardigan sweaters and dvds, for example, because then I can just say "well lets check the tag to be sure, maybe there was a mixup". We do serve some people with histories of theft and pathological liars as well.

a small v on the label with a felt tip pen. somewhere where it's unnoticable

Pyrography. Brand the back of your uke with your name.

That seems like a lot of work. Just use your Swiss army knife to scratch your name into the finish on the back.

That seems like a lot of work. Just use your Swiss army knife to scratch your name into the finish on the back.
I have bought vintage ukes from people who have used this method. works for me, you get a nice discount.

I brand mine on the front soundboard with my name in big block letters. I have also installed a LoJack system on several of my ukes.

Not many serious replies here...

If you have a business card, drop one inside the 'ukulele. It'll migrate to the nether regions in there, but can be shaken out to demonstrate that, indeed, it's your 'ukulele.

This won't stop someone from blatantly stealing your 'ukulele, but it's a harmless way to plant proof of ownership for the more common "honest mistake" you seem to be exposed to.

Paint them all pink! True story time now:- an old chum of mine had his Land Rover stolen, got a new one, decided to make sure it never happened again he got a pot of paint and slapped pink paint all over it. Frank Beaumont, I salute you!

Top Bottom