Rough Frets on Firefly Banjo Uke

Paul December

Reaction score
The edges of my frets on my Firefly feel mildly rough. Must I tape-off each one before filing/sanding the edges?

My Kamoa E3 Pineapple had a similar issue. After watching a youtube video by Mya-Moe on fret dressing, I went out and bought a similar fingernail shaping tool and fixed the problem in about 15 minutes. I did not have to tape off anything, I just proceeded slowly and carefully. My Kamoa is now my everyday uke.

My Kamoa E3 Pineapple had a similar issue. After watching a youtube video by Mya-Moe on fret dressing, I went out and bought a similar fingernail shaping tool and fixed the problem in about 15 minutes. I did not have to tape off anything, I just proceeded slowly and carefully. My Kamoa is now my everyday uke.

:) Thanks!
Do you have a link to that video?

I'm too clumsy to try this without taping. For fret edges, I just run a strip of Scotch tape along the edge right over the fret ends. I file through the tape and when the tape starts showing signs of getting torn by the file I quit, test my work, retape and file again as necessary.

Top Bottom