Tudorp or some one in the know.....

kevsumac

Reaction score
Tudorp, I mention you because I know you have the same epi les paul uke as I do but anyone who can answer I'd appreciate it. Bridge just popped off. Not even while playing. Just found it sitting there with the bridge up around the sound hole. Nothing seems damaged, just looks like the glue gave up! What now? Seems like I just need to glue it back on and restring. What kind of glue?

I have the same uke and I haven't had any trouble with it. I would get some hot hide glue. It is hard to work with but does a great job. You can also ask in the Luthier Lounge, there are ton of folks who can help there.

Titebond glue (yellow wood glue) should work fine. A bond using it will be stronger than the wood itself. You don't need the long open time of hot hide glue.

Having a bridge pop can happen with any brand, factory make or custom. It sometimes has to do with temp changes or humidity, sometimes just not enough glue was applied. Luckily re-glueing is pretty easy, if you are not comfortable doing it, any decent music shop should be able to do it for about $30.

What they said. I haven't seen it on the Epi yet, but then again, it hasn't been around that long. Hyde glue would be the strongest. But, also like said, Titebond (original formula) would work just fine too if you have a good clean surface, with all the old glue off. Do NOT use the newer formulas of titebond, because they don't dry stiff enough, and will dries softer, and will creep back up on ya. be sure it has a good glue surface area, and clamps to be sure it is clamped well for a day or so. But, also be sure to brace the soundboard so you don't clamp too hard and crack it. But then again, the Epi LP is pretty thick so you can get fairly aggressive with it. If ya need any other advice, just post it up here, or you are welcome to PM me back channel.

I just had a bridge pop off. It popped off so well it took a week to find.
I just reglued it with titebond , kept a small weight on top for a little pressure and it is fine now. I used a brush to get the glue on evenly and stayed away from the edges, came out great .

Top Bottom