Regal turquoise decal sunburst uke

garyg

Reaction score
As part of a package deal I ended up with a Regal Sunburst uke with a turqouise decal and those art deco-like tuners that reek of 30's to me. This is a solid birch uke AFAIK, and actually sounds pretty good. Anyone know when these were made? TIA, g2

As part of a package deal I ended up with a Regal Sunburst uke with a turqouise decal and those art deco-like tuners that reek of 30's to me. This is a solid birch uke AFAIK, and actually sounds pretty good. Anyone know when these were made? TIA, g2
Could you post some pictures. we love pictures don't you know! being a Regal I would say 20-30's, but I am not the expert.

I'd like to see pictures too! I have a Regal with that decal and I think mine is from the 40's based on the tuners, but it is hard to tell. Funny, one NEVER sees Regal ukuleles discussed in forums.....

Okay Tim and Ryan, here are the photos, this is solid birch I think <g> and has pretty good tone for an inexpensive vintage uke. Let me know. g2

Coooollllll......I like it! That has the same tuners mine has. How does it sound? Sometimes these birch ukuleles can sound pretty good. My guess would be 40's, but that is not based on much other than the overall look of the ukulele and the style of tuners. It could very well be earlier.

Hi Gary,

I have the same one exactly, right down to the painted rosette design. I bought it a fair while back and it was advertised as being from the 1940's. Hope this helps mate. Yours looks to be in better condition than mine -I paid $39 for it - but, yeah, it has a decent tone for sure!!! Cheers mate and happy strums!

Top Bottom