Koaloha Soprano Pinapple KS-01 (100% All Koa) - Help with value, please.

lawaia

Reaction score
I have a Koaloha KS-01 Soprano Pineapple (100% All Koa) that I am considering selling. I bought this direct from Koaloha at the factory tour, so it is considered a "second" and has the little black mark on the corner of the label. However, I can't find anything wrong with the instrument. In fact, for quite a while it was the uke used for pictures on their website.:) It has barely been played, and has absolutely no wear.

Anyway, I cannot find any information about the value of this uke, other than Koaloha's website showing it as "special order only".

Can anyone help me with an approximate value?

Mahalo Nui Loa

I believe the MSRP of the soprano pineapples is $550. I think they're the same price as the standard sopranos. I contacted Koaloha about three months ago for "second" prices, and they mentioned the sopranos as being somewhere around (I think) $400, while the pikake sopranos were $380. Hope this helps...

I believe the MSRP of the soprano pineapples is $550. I think they're the same price as the standard sopranos. I contacted Koaloha about three months ago for "second" prices, and they mentioned the sopranos as being somewhere around (I think) $400, while the pikake sopranos were $380. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the reply. I believe those prices are for the standard KSM-01, with the mahogany neck.

The uke I have (KS-01) is 100% koa, including the neck, fretboard, headstock, bridge, nut, etc. I seem to remember a new price of around $700, but that was a few years ago.

I spoke to Pat about the 100% Koa option a couple weeks ago and she said they no longer offer them. Their website is being totally redone right now so what you currently see is outdated. I would consider any 100% Koa KoAloha uku to be somewhat of a prized collectors item.
:)

I spoke to Pat about the 100% Koa option a couple weeks ago and she said they no longer offer them. Their website is being totally redone right now so what you currently see is outdated. I would consider any 100% Koa KoAloha uku to be somewhat of a prized collectors item.
:)

Thanks so much for that info!

Well, add that to my personal connection to this uke, and I have a VERY difficult decision to make.:confused:

I'm still interested in a value, though, if anyone has an idea. Thanks.

You don't have to answer, but what did you pay for it? I would say that is a pretty good starting point. Most used ukes are less valuable than new models. The K brands seem to retain their value, there are some models that are limited runs or whatever that do increase in value. So maybe you have something since they apparently no longer offer the all koa model.

I don't want to thread jack, but if a KoAloha was purchased as a second out of the factory how can one tell if it is a second?

I don't want to thread jack, but if a KoAloha was purchased as a second out of the factory how can one tell if it is a second?

I think that the seconds with a warranty had a single felt tip mark in the right corner and seconds with no warranty had 2 marks.

I own a PS second and cannot find the spot or the reglue thats how good they are at repairs.

As far as value it being all koa my guess would be around $650

Last edited:
Bottom right warranty is still good...bottom left means no warranty if my memory serves me correctly. I own an all KOA concert model. At least it appears that way. The neck I can't decide if it is a mahogany our KOA. I know the fret board is koa. I believe that a used uke in excellent shape should sell for about 25% off it's new price. As far as what the value of your uke is...as much a someone is willing to buy it for. I've sold ukes for 1/2 the price i've bought them for. I won't buy a used uke unless it is a good price...my thinking is, why pay almost new price for a used instrument when I can get a new one for a little more?

Last edited:
I'm with haolejohn on this one. I would expect to pay about 50% of new price for any used, non-blem item (uke, or iPod or whatever), and only go higher is there was something special or unique about the item (e.g limited run, etc.) to about 75% of the full price.

It alwyas amazes me that ukuleles are on UU Marketplace at something like $200 off for a $1300 instrument, and people pay it (occasionally). Sometimes they even list them (eBay notorious for this) as "New", when they are not new at all. The warranty, after purchase retailer service, etc. are certainly of value. And, the funny thing is, many retailers offer free shipping on new item, and when you put in the $50 shipping for a used uke, it's breathtakingly close to a new price!

That said, you seem to have a unique uke, original poster, and should judge accordingly to what you paid for it (or call KoAloha and see if they still sell them and for how much, and if not, how much did they sell them for). All koa uke is a premium item. But, detracting from that is the blem status, And, regardless of whether a person can see/hear it or not, a blem is a blem.

Last edited:
Adding to my previously stated info that 100% Koa is no longer an option:
KoAloha is no longer taking custom orders until they get caught up with their current list, which they hope to have completed by the beginning of next year. When they are finished with all the customs on the list they will begin taking 12 orders per year for custom instruments, and prices will start at $3k. Maybe then people will be able to request 100% Koa, in this case KoAloha will have to shape the neck themselves out of koa instead of what they do for their production models, which is ordering sapele neck blanks from California.
I'm not trying to say yours is worth 50-75% of $3k, as with anything, it is only worth what someone else will pay for it. So I'll give you $25 ;)

Adding to my previously stated info that 100% Koa is no longer an option:
KoAloha is no longer taking custom orders until they get caught up with their current list, which they hope to have completed by the beginning of next year. When they are finished with all the customs on the list they will begin taking 12 orders per year for custom instruments, and prices will start at $3k. Maybe then people will be able to request 100% Koa, in this case KoAloha will have to shape the neck themselves out of koa instead of what they do for their production models, which is ordering sapele neck blanks from California.
I'm not trying to say yours is worth 50-75% of $3k, as with anything, it is only worth what someone else will pay for it. So I'll give you $25 ;)

Well, since an all-koa request will now start at $3k, and custom orders are limited to 12 ukes per year with a one year wait to even place your order............................ I think $3k is a reasonable STARTING point.;)

List it for 10%more than you want and see what happens. The market will tell you it's value.

So $3000 plus 10% is $3300.:cool:

Of course I'm kidding. I'm really just torn if I even want to sell this one. I feel guilty that it doesn't get play time, but I am really attached.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate all the input.

Bottom right warranty is still good...bottom left means no warranty if my memory serves me correctly. I own an all KOA concert model. At least it appears that way. The neck I can't decide if it is a mahogany our KOA. I know the fret board is koa. I believe that a used uke in excellent shape should sell for about 25% of it's new price. As far as what the value of your uke is...as much a someone is willing to buy it for. I've sold ukes for 1/2 the price i've bought them for. I won't buy a used uke unless it is a good price...my thinking is, why pay almost new price for a used instrument when I can get a new one for a little more?
I might buy every uke you want to sell for 25% of the new price. heck, I'll give you the Full new price for the really old ones. Would love to get a Martin for $25.

Top Bottom