Jake's book - what size ukulele are you playing it on?

Jake's book - what size ukulele are you playing it on?

• Soprano

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Concert

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Tenor

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Baritone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

laundromatt

Reaction score
Just curious. Some of the stretches seem tough on a tenor, but some of the fingerings are quite cramped on a soprano.

What size ukulele are you using to play through the pieces?

I want a tenor really badly now. Too bad my tenor from Brad won't be ready for another 9 months(!)

I was using my Kamaka HF-3 but since getting my Kanilea K-1 super concert deluxe from Dana I've been using it which I really like but could use either.

Mark

How's the Kanilea? I almost traded Dana but backed away since my I'iwi Tenor sounds so good. Knowing that someone else has it makes me second guess myself. LOL

I play Tenor for Jake's songs but since I use low G, I play the 4th string alternative instead of using the 3rd string for really far stretches.

I haven't been able to put it down since I got it about 10 days ago. I really like the feel and sound.i haven't played any of my others since receiving this one. Dana had a good one and now I have it completely satisfied. I think you passed on a good one.
Mark

How's the Kanilea? I almost traded Dana but backed away since my I'iwi Tenor sounds so good. Knowing that someone else has it makes me second guess myself. LOL

I play Tenor for Jake's songs but since I use low G, I play the 4th string alternative instead of using the 3rd string for really far stretches.

Playing???
I'm butchering it on a Tenor! :)

Top Bottom