PDA

View Full Version : Jake's book - what size ukulele are you playing it on?

laundromatt
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Just curious. Some of the stretches seem tough on a tenor, but some of the fingerings are quite cramped on a soprano.

What size ukulele are you using to play through the pieces?

PedalFreak
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I just got the book. My main ukes are Tenor's, these are what I'll be playing the songs on. Just started working on Hallelujah, what a beautiful arrangement!

laundromatt
03-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I want a tenor really badly now. Too bad my tenor from Brad won't be ready for another 9 months(!)

Markr1
03-08-2012, 02:10 PM
I was using my Kamaka HF-3 but since getting my Kanilea K-1 super concert deluxe from Dana I've been using it which I really like but could use either.

Dan Uke
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Mark

How's the Kanilea? I almost traded Dana but backed away since my I'iwi Tenor sounds so good. Knowing that someone else has it makes me second guess myself. LOL

I play Tenor for Jake's songs but since I use low G, I play the 4th string alternative instead of using the 3rd string for really far stretches.

Markr1
03-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I haven't been able to put it down since I got it about 10 days ago. I really like the feel and sound.i haven't played any of my others since receiving this one. Dana had a good one and now I have it completely satisfied. I think you passed on a good one.
Mark

How's the Kanilea? I almost traded Dana but backed away since my I'iwi Tenor sounds so good. Knowing that someone else has it makes me second guess myself. LOL

I play Tenor for Jake's songs but since I use low G, I play the 4th string alternative instead of using the 3rd string for really far stretches.

WOBster
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Playing???
I'm butchering it on a Tenor! :)