Mac Users?

rook

Reaction score
Macheads, there is a cool app I downloaded and paid for (STEEP PRICE AT $50) it is a godsend... and is in my opinion the best at what it does...

check it out, also does Uke:

(click on 'watch video') Wish i could say I'm selling this because I have a stake in it....:(

[video]http://supermegaultragroovy.com/products/Capo/#movie_box[/video]

Yeah, I agree I have had this for about a year now. This is really good for figuring out licks and solos if you have a hard time doing it by ear. You can also change the pitch if you want to put a song more in your range as well.

LOL! Well even for the talented I think it could come in handy...believe me tho I had buyer's remorse but a few hours later I was posting this LOL

That does look pretty slick!

Although I do sort of agree with weerpool that building up one's ears in a worthwhile long-term goal. As such, I'd recommend that folks try to use this app only after having tried to pick out a song the old fashioned way first. By then comparing what you have with what the app comes up with, and by relying on the app to help you out on those spots where you get completely stumped, you'll learn a ton. I can see this app as being well worth $50 when used as a "coach" that way.

Thanks for the tip, rook!

JJ

I've also used this for a few songs. It's a pretty awesome program.

Wow, that does look slick...... I use Garage Band for several of those features - you can slow a track down, loop the hard parts..... the pitch detection / tabbing function looks pretty sweet, though I've got to say I actually enjoy the challenge and exercise of figuring parts out myself. As others have said, it's great ear training. I mostly do this with technical guitar parts, so figuring out lead lines is the ultimate goal - it's sort of a puzzle, figuring out where the notes are being played on the fretboard, listening for little slides and hammer ons, trying to figure out how the left hand is moving around.....

My son's guitar lessons are--and this is fairly cheap, I thought--$16 for 30 minutes. So, this app costs the same as three 30 minute lessons. IF someone used it for more than a coupe of hours, may be worthwhile investment. I appreciate knowing of it.

I wish there was a demo/trial version, though.

I also have this app, and it's really amazing. The ability to quickly generate a tab for a song and then transpose it has come in very handy!

Top Bottom