Back on the uke hunt (again)

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha gang,
Back On Maui again and already scored a pre-fire Maui Music Koa Concert uke at a pawn shop for $250.00 in good shape. There's one on FMM for $800.00 right now and made me very excited about my purchase. Same exact uke.
Now negotiating for a Mele Mahognany Tenor to add to my Mele Ohana (5).
I didn't bring any ukes on this trip thinking I won't buy anything as I have a custom Wixom in the works but as always, couldn't turn down a good deal.
Don't know when my "Uku Itch" will subside, but who cares?, I'm having fun and love and play every one of my ukes.
Back on the hunt tomorrow in Lahaina.......................BO.................
P.S. The hunt is more fun than the actual kill..................

You know I like the Maui Music bruddah.. ha ha what a score ..congratulations...hope you get da mele too.
and you said you weren't going to buy any ukes this time..hee hee wish I find good deals like that maui music..

@Stan,
Mahalo Bruddah, I DO know how much you like the Maui Music, but sorry, this one's a keeper.
Forgot to mention the OU-4 and case, and the Kala Pearl White Baritone w/pick-up. Both purchased right before my Maui trip and also GREAT deals.......lucky?...maybe... ................................BO...............................

i have a 1998 maui music tenor can u tell me what year was prefire etc... trying to get info on my uke thanks

Aloha gang,

P.S. The hunt is more fun than the actual kill..................

Take only Pictures, leave on footprints. :)

I'm also on Maui for a few weeks. I went to Bounty Music in Kahului yesterday and was playing Concert sized ukes in the $500+ range. And the one i thought was the best sounding was the Big Island brand made of koa. Very nice.

Also check out Mele in Wailuku. Ask to see a redwood topped, koa sides and back, tenor. I thought if had wonderful tone.

See you at the old church on Thursday night, north Kihei

Aloha, Kent

Aloha,
@Hawaii50, don't know much about this uke also. I think I read somewhere that the fire occured sometime in 1998? Will take it to Bounty Music to see if they could help me ID it per the serial number. Mine is 9-12587, style CK. What's yours?
@Trinimon, sorry Brah, don't know how to post pix yet. Will try later with the help of mmStan.
All I can say about this uke for sure is that it's the best sounding concert of all the concerts I have (10). Various woods, solids and lams.
Also love the radiased fret board.
Hoping someone here can shed more light on these ukes.
Only pix I have is on Facebook....all my ukes..............................................BO............................

Last edited:
Top Bottom