What's the ukulele equivalent of Em/B on a guitar? Help!!!!!!

momento

Reaction score
I recently bought The Little Black Songbook:The Beatles as I'm a big fan of their music and wanted to play some of their songs on my uke. It's a guitar book but I know that if A, C, G etc. is used in the song then I just play the uke equivalent

One of the songs I'm trying is 'I'll Follow The Sun' and it uses the chord Em/B. Can anyone tell me what the uke equivalent of that guitar chord is? I've tried just playing Em but it doesn't sound right to me.

Sorry for my lack of musical knowledge! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

... if A, C, G etc. is used in the song then I just play the uke equivalent...
hi momento, I'm a big Beatles fan too. When you say 'uke equivelant', do you mean you play Em as 0432 or 2000 (which is actually Am on uku)

That notation means "play an E minor chord with the bass note B". This easy to do on the guitar. Often times, the bass note is supposed to "walk" through the chords in a groovy way.

For me, the ukulele equivalent would be 4432. The bass note won't be B if you've got a high G string, but the note B will be doubled. You could walk on the G string or the A string if you'd like. If you've got a low G string, 4432 is it.

Have a great time Beatles-ing!

I've been playing the Em as 0432 and I know that 2000 is Am. I've now tried using the Am chord in place of the Em/B and this seems to work in the song. How did you work out that an Am would fit? And thanks for the help!
hi momento, I'm a big Beatles fan too. When you say 'uke equivelant', do you mean you play Em as 0432 or 2000 (which is actually Am on uku)

Am is four notes up from Em and the uke is four notes higher than a guitar's upper four strings. Hence, the Em transposes to Am. B would be E

How did you work out that an Am would fit?
Actually I didnt, I just wondered if you were transposing the chords accordingly or just copying the finger patterns from the guitar chord chart. It sounds like you are doing it right, it probably wouldn't sound right in F.
Maybe Am sounds better because it has a C in it and so does the melody for that part of the song :)

Top Bottom