Soprano Gig Bags

snunez

Reaction score
Can a pineapple soprano fit into a regular soprano gig bag? Specifically, I'm looking at Kamoa E-P, and I'm unsure of its dimensions.

I like the fit and feel of the Kala gig bag on my Soprano Travel uke.

The Kala gig bags are not semi-solid, but they're not flimsy either. They provide good
padding without being either too bulky or heavy.

They also have a neat logo embroidered on their gig bags!

So, Lori, do you have an embroidered logo on your 'stuff'?

ALSO, as creative (read 'cheap') as I am, I've been known to make gig bags out of
denim jeans trouser legs! or even tennis racket cases (some can hold 2 ukes!). : )

keep uke'in',

Last edited:
They also have a neat logo embroidered on their gig bags!

So, Lori, do you have an embroidered logo on your 'stuff'?
Uke Leashes have a leather logo tag that is heat branded with a custom soldering iron. It is an option at the moment, but when I come up with a non-leather/ vegetarian friendly alternative, they will all have some kind of logo. It is hard to get good embroidery detail on a 1/2 inch webbing strap, and it is expensive.

–Lori

ALSO, as creative (read 'cheap') as I am, I've been known to make gig bags out of
denim jeans trouser legs! or even tennis racket cases (some can hold 2 ukes!). : )

keep uke'in',

You're frugal, not cheap. Cheap people don't give away so much of their time, work, and themselves. I Heart BC! (boot camp). There's a great bumper sticker idea in there - Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp. I like that! Back to the topic. My Kala Kiwi lives in the sewed up leg of a thrift store jean (really cool tie dye). I added a carrying handle from the fabric, and the opening part is at the top of the jean, so there are built in pockets. Couldn't be cooler (or, OK, cheaper). I just hand sew the darned thing, no need for no fancy machines.

I've found that pineapples usually fit OK in gig bags, it's the hard cases that are truly problematic. But, you need to make sure that any case/bag you buy for a pineapple is returnable, as it's a risk.

Report back on what you find out, it'll be good info for the rest of us. There are several UU threads on Pineapple hard cases, the Staggs appear to be a good 'fit' for some.

Top Bottom