Song Help Request Guitar to Ukulele....

Howlie Boy

Reaction score
Just a question, this may be stupid :confused: but i got to thinking and was wondering if a song writen for guitar can be transposed to ukulele. Like if a song is (not a song) a# B Cmin D, Could you play the same thing on ukulele and it would be the same? Play a# B Cmin D on ukulele, and it sound the same. i havent tried it yet but just wanted some feed back....:confused:

if i understood that right...

"yes"

if you play the same equivalent chords on the ukulele it will sound very similar. it depends what chords on the guitar tho, where they were just open chords or bars etc etc etc

but an A on the guitar is the same as an A on the uke, etc..

yes.

a C chord on a guitar = the uke = the piano = any other instrument capable of playing chords. thats how bands are able to play together.

but...

tablatures are not directly transferrable from guitar to uke, unless the guitar tabs involve only the first four strings and all notes are played at or above the 5th fret of the guitar. i know this is confusing, so if you dont play guitar, just disregard what i just said in this paragraph. hehehe.

yes you can i doesnt matter that its written for guitar because all chords should sound the same because its the same note being played

No Question Is A Stupid Question.

ight on guys thanks for the input. Never tried it and was curious, i was going to try today but had to go do some side jobs to make pocket money:D.

Ill try tommorrow....

Thanks again Much mahalos
Howlie Boy

Top Bottom