Where will you and your uke (s) go this summer? 2012 edition

I'll hit Marinette WI, and Madison, WI, plus the shores of Lake Michigan right here in Milwaukee. We're looking at a trip to Seattle, too, and I may make it to my ancestral homeland, The City of Angels.

Pedal, how north is northern Ontario? Muskoka? Northbay? Cochrane? Moose Factory?

I'm sure i'll be up to Georgian Bay to play on the rocks sometime this summer.

I'm taking my new Flea to Naples, Florida next week.
It's still in transit, I should have it tomorrow!

To da beach and a few bbq's!

Pedal, how north is northern Ontario? Muskoka? Northbay? Cochrane? Moose Factory?

I'm sure i'll be up to Georgian Bay to play on the rocks sometime this summer.

Right around Red Lake, Ontario. So more West-Central Ontario maybe :) I've been going there for 25 years, and have always referred to it as "northern Ontario"

UWC, of course! What a silly question! LOL

John

Right around Red Lake, Ontario. So more West-Central Ontario maybe :) I've been going there for 25 years, and have always referred to it as "northern Ontario"

Excellent! I've never been that far west. But I do love the north (so long as you're not there in black fly season!).

It's always tricky knowing what to call different parts of Ontario. For most who live in southern Ontario (a 4-5 hour drive around Toronto - about 90% of the pop. of the province lives in this area), anything north of North Bay is "northern" Ontario. Unfortunately, that remaining part of the province is about twice the size of England and Ireland combined...so it's a little hard to call it by one particular name.

To put it in perspective, I live close to the extreme south east corner of the province. To drive to where you will be in Red Lake, it would take about 29 hours of driving. For me to drive to Miami, it would take only 26 hours...Mind you, I have no doubt that Red Lake is much nicer than Miami!

More late Spring than Summer but we're taking our new dolphins, (they should be arriving tomorrow), on a 29 day South Pacific cruise.

I'm going to take an ukulele to Maui this summer, I just don't know how many I will come home with :)

I'll be taking the uke I built in Rick Turner's class to the Roy Sakuma Ukulele Festival on Oahu in July (it'll be making a hop to Kauai as well). Looking forward to touring a couple factories if I can.

Chicago, Duluth, and Croatia - for now.

I'm hoping to take my Kamaka tenor to Maui in October to perform with one of my ukulele classes at the Maui Ukulele Festival. I'm also hoping to attend Roy Sakuma's Ukulele Festival in Waikiki in July, but I don't know which ukulele I would bring with me. My Kala travel tenor is scheduled to accompany me on trips to Boston and Florida this summer.

I'm taking Mini-Jake to Oahu next week! :shaka:

Sitin on the dock of the bay, crabbing and drinking a few ice cold beers in the late afternoon.

Top Bottom