Electro acoustic ukulele problem!!

ukemanjak

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Basically, i've had my Tanglewood TU 1 CE for about a year and a half now, and its been good to me, but recently its been making an awful crackly sound if i play quite hard (im in a band and we're rather loud) and after about 3 minutes of playing, the sound starts to crack as if the pickup cant handle how hard im playing the ukulele. I know its not a battery problem or the input jack, because i always use a brand new battery every time i play, and tighten the input jack just be to sure, yet still it seems to keep happening every show now. When it does happen, i take my battery out, blow inside the ukulele, but my battery back in, and then it will be ok again, but sometimes only for a couple of minutes (sometimes more if im lucky) before the sound starts becoming crackly again.

I was just wondering if anybody else had had this problem with their elcectro acoustic ukulele, and whether you could help source the problem? I don't want to get rid of my tanglewood because its so easy to play live and so lightweight, and would like to see if there is anything else i could do or try before maybe buying a new pickup for it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom