Maui Music - What's this uke worth??

trippntx

Reaction score
Question for the group...

Anyone know what this uke might be worth?

Maui Music Concert Ukulele made in 1994. Mint condition, all original, all solid Koa with flamed Koa top. Wood pattern/grain looks beautiful. Sorry, no pics to post, but it's a beauty.

Anyone?

Aloha,
You must be talking about the one on FMM. Can't help you here but I just bought one just like it for a fraction of the asking price at a pawn shop.
I'm hoping this was the deal of the year for me, seems that way according to those I spoke with.
Been trying to find more info on this uke also to no avail.......................BO............

Last edited:
Maui Music ukes are wonderful (as you can tell by my sig, I have one). Peter doesn't make that many of them, and they don't show up on the secondary market that often, so I think prices stay fairly high. Many are highly inlaid and decorated and command high prices. Assuming this is the one on FMM, it's fairly plain. Gryphon had a few new ones on their site (all sold now), and I think I new Concert of this type was around $1100-1200.

Question for the group...

Anyone know what this uke might be worth?

Maui Music Concert Ukulele made in 1994. Mint condition, all original, all solid Koa with flamed Koa top. Wood pattern/grain looks beautiful. Sorry, no pics to post, but it's a beauty.

Anyone?

That would be cheesy (do youngun still use that word?) if that's the one that you are talking about. I think many people who check UU also check FMM. I hope it's not the one since there are lots of pics. I'll assume that it's not the one to give you benefit of the doubt.

BTW, does anyone know the value of an Eastwood Airline Tenor Ukulele? HAHA

It does appear to be the same one, but not only did I not see it on FMM, I literally have no idea what FMM is (been into ukes for a little over two weeks now).

The seller lives locally (to me) and I found his ad on a completely non-ukulele related site.

tripp,

Looks nice! It has been advertised on the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum as well if it's the one in question, which given it's vintage (1994), it probably is. I've done some research on it and found a few comments from folks who claim their pre-fire Maui Music concerts are second to none. I can't vouch for it's value, but my gut told me $800 was a tad steep given it's unadorned appointments and size, but I am a recent entry into the uke world and wouldn't put a lot of stock in my assessment of it's worth. Cheers

I follow these ukes ('cause I like 'em), and the last few that have sold (that I've been aware of) have done so for around the $500.00 mark. They don't show up that often.

i have a 1998 maui music tenor that i just got love the sound...i am now trying to get a special order but he is backed up till next year i told peter i will wait...i tried the maui music tenor at gryphon and it was great...approx 1150.00 but i dont know how much they sold it for??i was just a plain tenor but you could tell it will sound good when it opens up....

Top Bottom