HELP ... I need a song book!

Johnny Mac

Reaction score
Back in the 1950's I played the uke like all the Heck raising teenagers at that time. I had song books that had finger charts above the words to every song. Lordy, did we have fun!

Have uke -- need help.

I need titles and "where to purchase" information for song books with finger charts above the words to every song. I don't read music but I can tune my uke and I faintly remember a few chords.

Help, help, help!

THANKS, THANKS THANKS!!

Johnny Mac

Sounds like you could use "The Daily Ukulele". Available on Amazon, SheetMusicPlus, etc.

JJ

I have Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Gems book and it has chord charts above the lyrics and music notation.
The Daily Ukulele has the charts at the top of the page, and the chord letters over the notation. This is probably the best bang for your buck.
–Lori

+1 for Daily Ukulele. The charts may not be right above the words, but they are on the page. It's 365 songs so it will keep ya busy. Also, the Internet+Printer has been a godsend. I wish I had this kind of access when I was young. It would have helped my guitar playing a LOT.

Check out the website for Ukester Brown (you can Google to find). He collects old sheet music and is a great uke player.

Dan

Top Bottom