New Uke Day! Ko'olau CE-1 Baritone

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Arrived today. Although Ko'olau strings are excellent, I loaded my standards: Southcoast Linears with a set of BridgeBoneBeads.

Baritone Scale: 20.5" scale length
Nut Width: 1.5"

L.R. Baggs Active Element with volume
Select Koa Top
Hollow Mahogany Body
Bone nut/saddle
Rosewood Headstock Plate/Bridge/Fretboard
Ko'olau Tuners
Custom Thinbody Case

Overall excellent craftsmanship. Really a lovely instrument. Great tone. I'm not a "koa" guy. I like solid mahogany. However, I really like the Koa top/Mahogany body combination. Not too bright but with a real "presence."

First gig is tomorrow night...

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Looks nice - enjoy! Let us know how it works out after the gig.

Arrived today. Although Ko'olau strings are excellent, I loaded my standards: Southcoast Linears with a set of BridgeBoneBeads.

Baritone Scale: 20.5" scale length
Nut Width: 1.5"

L.R. Baggs Active Element with volume
Select Koa Top
Hollow Mahogany Body
Bone nut/saddle
Rosewood Headstock Plate/Bridge/Fretboard
Ko'olau Tuners
Custom Thinbody Case

Overall excellent craftsmanship. Really a lovely instrument. Great tone. I'm not a "koa" guy. I like solid mahogany. However, I really like the Koa top/Mahogany body combination. Not too bright but with a real "presence."

First gig is tomorrow night...

NICE!!

Congrats!!

Absolutely beautiful. I have been looking at the tenor version of this instrument and would love to hear a sound bite when you have a chance. Mahalo!

Absolutely beautiful. I have been looking at the tenor version of this instrument and would love to hear a sound bite when you have a chance. Mahalo!

I'm happy to oblige. However, you might want to check out the video that Aaron from Hawaii Music Supply has posted playing the Tenor CE-1. This baritone, while built using the same tonewoods and pickups is tuned with a low G (linear tuning) string set. Personally, I think that there are some major distinctions between the two instruments. Just a thought.

Mike

I'm happy to oblige. However, you might want to check out the video that Aaron from Hawaii Music Supply has posted playing the Tenor CE-1. This baritone, while built using the same tonewoods and pickups is tuned with a low G (linear tuning) string set. Personally, I think that there are some major distinctions between the two instruments. Just a thought.

Mike

I have watched to Aaron's video, that's how I decided I wanted one! I just thought it would be interesting to hear the baritone and someone else playing. Mahalo!

I have watched to Aaron's video, that's how I decided I wanted one! I just thought it would be interesting to hear the baritone and someone else playing. Mahalo!

Got it. Makes sense. I'll record the gig tomorrow night and post video and/or audio as soon as I can.

Thanks!

I'll also look forward to your recording tomorrow night. I also looked at the baritone.

Congrats Mike,
thank you for sharing...will be waitng for a sound bite..ha ha where is the whammy bar....how many bari's now man?? just wondering...happy strummings....

Very very cool! Also looking forward to a sound clip. Cheers

I'm searching for the CE Baritone and find this thread!!! Awesome!!! I really want to get one!!! :drool:

Me, too, smell. Original poster, did you ever put up the video? I see only online videos of the tenor, and then with wound strings (two of four, at least). I really want to hear those nylon Southcoasts on it. Thank you.

Top Bottom