New Uke Day! Mainland Concert Mango

BasicUke

Reaction score
I gotta say, it was worth the wait! Today I got my Mango Concert uke from Mike at Mainland!

preview_image_0_83495382x.jpg

preview_image_0_29380562x-1.jpg

preview_image_0_93812002x-1.jpg

preview_image_0_24588752x.jpg

Last edited:
Nice new uke! I had my eye on a mango but stuttered at the last moment...they look so sweet.

Very nice! Congratulations!

That's a lovely and great sounding instrument and your photos show their beauty in a way not exhibited on the Mainland site. I've got the Mainland mango in tenor and pineapple size. Both are a pleasure to play.

Congratulations! I've just ordered my Mainland Concert Mango this week from Mike and Mike (Uke Republic and Mainland) and I can't wait to get it. Loved seeing your photos--made me even more eager to get mine now! I'll have to post pics too...

Enjoy!

... and your photos show their beauty in a way not exhibited on the Mainland site. ...

I agree whole heartedly! I got a Mainland mahogany but struggled a lot with my decision until I finally asked here on UU to see some photos of Mainlands. Not everyone would bother doing that, they'd just pick one of the comparable brands (Islander, KPK), as I came very close to doing. Mainland (and Uke Republic) would do themselves a BIG favour by posting some better photos of their instruments.

The only down side I can find, with my first two ukes, I didn't mind taking them out of the house. I would take one with me in my car each day and, at lunch, go down by the river and play while I ate my lunch.

Now that I have a really nice uke, I am hesitant to take it out of the house, even in it's new super-d-duper protective case.

Compound that with the fact it's a concert size and neither of my other two are concert size.

LOL! Never marry a pretty woman and never buy a nice uke! Such terrible problems I have!! LOL

Thanks and it really *IS* a beautiful uke!

Jim

BTW, it has the Mi-Si installed! Can wait to try THAT out too!

Last Nov I got a Mainland Mango Pineapple for my bday (and completing UUBL). Best Thing Ever! It's a 'second', yeah, right. It's basically perfect. I replaced the Aquilas with Worth Brown Lights, a little less loudness, softer/sweeter, and, for this newbie, easier on my fingers. I just love it. It's now starting to open up, and, this is the first time I'm understanding that 'opening up' phenomenon. I'm really excited for you!

Wouldn't it be great to have a Mainland Meet Up?

Wouldn't it be great to have a Mainland Meet Up?

UWC - first weekend in June. Not exactly a Mainland meet up as there are a lot of other ukes there - but it is hosted by Mike of Mainland, on land a handful of miles from the Mainland homeland - and I think most of us try to make at least one pilgrimmage to the store while we're there...

JOhn

Congrats~ I'm happy with my Mango Soprano, too! I have Worth Clears on it, and it sounds much sweeter and has more sustain than it did with the Aquilas.

Last edited:
That's a beautiful instrument! I love the sound of mango ukes.

Congrats! They are amazing ukes for the money, I got mine a few weeks ago and can't wait to try some fluorocarbon strings on it. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play lately and mine has only been out of the case 4 or 5 times ( mostly just to check the humidifier!).

Beautiful uke, congrats! :iwant:There's only one stockist for Mainland ukes in the UK, and they only sell the mahogany concert uke. I wish we had a better choice! Import taxes here are GROSS!:(

Top Bottom