Acoustic-Electric Tiple?

jungleturtle

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a tiple and I think I'd like it to be an acoustic-electric. Does anyone know if someone makes such a thing, or would I have to have it custom made? Any leads on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone want to buy a Hohner concertina? If I want a tiple, I'll have to sell that first!:)

I only know of a maker who makes an electric Tiple, but not an acoustic-electric. Your best bet would probably be to purchase a Tiple and then have a luthier fit it with a pickup. I have an Ohana tiple if you're interested.

Most of mine have have pickups installed, but I wouldn't call it an acoustic electric. . . It's a tiple with a pickup.

IMG_0461a.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

Zac987, I think I'd prefer an acoustic tiple to an electric, but I want to be able to easily amplify it. Although, an elctric tiple would be pretty cool, too!

Kekani, when you buy a guitar with an interior pickup they often refer to it as an "acoustic-electric," so I assumed they would call a similarly amplified tiple something...similar. :) did you install the pickups yourself or have it done? Was it expensive?

So...nobody wants a concertina? :(

Top Bottom