Amen Omen

Joko

Reaction score
I’ve covered more songs on uke than I can remember. What inspires me to cover each song can have as much to do with the merits of the song as it does with any of many other random factors. The time of year. What other people are talking about. Or, is in today’s case, something on TV. You have probably seen this TV commercial…

There is something viscerally nice about this commercial. I’ll admit that in it’s everyday examples of one good thing inspiring another that it does a great job of relating to circumstances most of us face all the time. That said, the commercial begins and ends with the same scene: someone holding a door open for a visually impaired person.

Begin sarcasm
Oh wow. What an AMAZING demonstration of altruism! How poignant and inspiring the act of holding a door open for the blind is. Yeah. Right. Should the next commercial celebrate people NOT kicking puppies? Idea for sketch comedy: parody this commercial by showing a door slamming into a visually impaired person. People doing the WRONG thing.
End Sarcasm

Despite my issues with the heart-string-tugging visuals of this commercial, the audio is amazing. When I heard the accompanying song, I had to find out who wrote it. Sure enough, once again, one of the very best songwriters of this generation, Mr. Ben Harper.

Here's my cover. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/v/azgvpZzlVI0?version=3&hl=en_US

Last edited:
Top Bottom