Anyone else playing with Savarez Red strings ???

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know everyone plays a lot of strings such as Aquila, Worth and a few others but I tried those and then was turned on to another brand I now use on almost all my ukes. ( I do really like the Martin Flurocarbon on my Martin soprano so it's going to always have those on it ).

Anyone else on UU found Savarez to be their string of choice?
I took Aquila's off my Collings and the sound difference was absolutely amazing to me. I got more sustain, richer and full sound I really like (warmth).

Just curious if anyone else like them?
Thanks!

Savarez alliance strings are the only ones I use for classical guitar and I plan to try them out for my tenor ukes next.

I have Savarez Alliance strings on five of my ukes and like them a lot.

I use Savarez Red high tension on my classical guitar and have used a mixture with Freemont low G tenors on my baritone. The tenor length is quite long enough for the baritone. I mix and match looking for the ultimate. I am still on my quest. HaHa!!
PS: If you know what you need you can cut the classical strings in half and you then have a spare.

Last edited:
I use Savarez Alliance for the A, E, and C strings on my tenor, and a Daddario wound guitar string for a low G.

I know Rick Turner is tooling around with the red, high tension and say's there a dream. I trust Rick, he knows what he's talking about. Salvarez is what I'm going to throw on my new custom uke. Cool thread:)

For those of you who are interested, Savarez has packaged Ukulele String sets and can be found at Strings By Mail. There was talk awhile back about this and it just sort of fizzled. Found this but haven't tried them yet. Hopefully someone will and provide a review.

I have the packs I bought. They are great for Concert/Soprano as that is what they are marketed for. For my Tenor's I buy the regular guitar strings. the 5XX series.

The Savarez Alliance I use for the A, E, and C on my tenor are the classic guitar plain KF string - 541R, 542R, 543 R.

For the G string I use D'Addario Pro-Arté classical guitar light tension silverplated wound J4304.

Best and only strings that I use, but I find that high-tension worths do the same trick. Fluoros for life! :p

Top Bottom