Ko'Aloha Concert

frankiefirefox

Reaction score
I am visiting my sister in Houston this weekend and was driving around the city exploring. I happened to come upon a guitar shop that bought/sold surfboards, so naturally I stopped in. The place is called Rockin' Robin. I was browsing their selection of ukes and saw that they are a Ko'Aloha dealer.

I immediately flipped out, began drooling, and hauled my brother-in-law over to the display case. Shortly thereafter, Jimmy came over to help us. We spoke for a bit and I explained that the Ko'Aloha Concert is my (current) dream uke, but I couldn't afford it right now. He responded by pulling it out of the case and giving it to me to play!!!!

I had never even seen a Ko'Aloha in person and, after playing it, I can't believe that this and the ukes I currently own are classified as the same instrument. It made me physically sick to my stomach to play it and know that I wasn't taking it home. But what an experience!!! Huge thanks to Jimmy! If anyone is in Houston looking for ukes, hit Rockin' Robin and ask for Jimmy. GREAT guy!

Frankie, glad you got to play one! I was lucky enough to go to the factory in December and they were so good to me......I saved up to buy my KoAloha ukulele for over a year! You will have one too and I hope it brings you as much pleasure as has mine!

Last edited:
I'm seriously thinking about selling my Fender as a starter fund. I can't imagine not having this instrument this fall.

Aloha,
That one is on my wish list. I don't own a K, well Koalana, but I do want to have a Koaloha Concert and maybe a Tenor also. Maybe I should sell my Maui Music Concert to help finance a Koaloha...............................NAH...................BO.................

You think that was a wonderful uke? Try playing a Ko'Aloha Sceptre! Tenor neck, concert-sized body... I've never played an instrument that has had as much of a visceral effect on me as the Sceptre had - and still has.

-Kurt​

You think that was a wonderful uke? Try playing a Ko'Aloha Sceptre! Tenor neck, concert-sized body... I've never played an instrument that has had as much of a visceral effect on me as the Sceptre had - and still has.

-Kurt​
Okay, Ksiegel, you have helped me make up my mind. I have been thinking about this since last night, and then following this thread today. I am going to put my KoAloha Concert KCM-00 up for sale in the Market place tomorrow (that's when I will be able to take the necessary pictures needed to be compliant with the rules of the marketplace). You see, for my birthday this past Wednesday, I had a KoAloha Sceptre tenor delivered to me. Each is different but not different enough to keep both the concert and the Sceptre tenor. My KoAloha concert is in perfect condition and sounds and looks absolutely amazing. It is incredible. But so is the sceptre and there is no point in having two that sound the same, but I prefer playing the tenor scale. If anyone is interested in an absolutely perfect KoAloha concert with a deluxe hard case- watch for the market place tomorrow or PM me.

Last edited:
Many out there consider the standard koaloha concert about the best 'stock' uke you can buy. That may divide opinion but there you go!

Frankiefoxfire: you seem like a great fellow. The KoAloha soprano, the exact one as you saw in my The Fixer video tutorial, is excellent. It retails for $550, and mine is like new, plus I have added a hard case. If you are interested, PM me for price. It's superb, and should run you significantly less than the only slightly bigger concert. Why selling? I have two high end sopranos now, and only need one.

Yes, KoAlohas are THE BOMB! PS> I'm originally from Massachusetts---we New Englanders need to take care of eon another.

Last edited:
Top Bottom