New Tenor Spruce/Pheasant Wood Uke by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
This uke has been sold, thanks.

This is a new tenor size uke with a 17" playing scale. The top is European spruce.
The back and sides are a beautiful and rare Pheasant wood. When looking at the wood
you can see how it has a feathery texture. The neck is Mango with a graphite truss
rod for lifelong strength and stability. The fingerboard is ebony. The bridge and
bindings are rosewood. The rosette features a ring of Elm burl along with maple and
rosewood rings. The head plate is Pheasant wood. The nut and compensated bridge
saddle are polished bone. The bridge pins are fossilized ivory with rosewood colored
dots. The logo inlay and fret dots are abalone shell, white side dots are included.
The frets are slightly larger than standard and fingerboard does have a radius for
easier playing. There are 12 frets to the body, 17 total. The
geared 4:1 ratio tuners are 5 Star brand with hand-made rosewood knobs. The finish
is nitrocellulose high gloss lacquer finish to a semi-gloss smooth satin touch. The
strings are clear flurocarbon Worth brand. The playing action is low and easy with
accurate intonation. Even though most spruce top ukes have a brighter sound, this
uke has a very full rich mellow sound with clear ringing highs and excellent volume
and sustain and promises to get better with playing time. Your complete satisfaction
is guaranteed. Limited Lifetime Warranty to the original owner. No case, but I will
double box for safe and secure shipping. Made in the USA. $50 shipping in the USA
lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no
Paypal. Email me if you need more
information. Thanks for looking.

$2500

Attachments

• Tenor 2012-03-17.jpg
    Tenor 2012-03-17.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Tenor 2012-03-17e.jpg
    Tenor 2012-03-17e.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Tenor 2012-03-17d.jpg
    Tenor 2012-03-17d.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Tenor 2012-03-17b.jpg
    Tenor 2012-03-17b.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Tenor 2012-03-17c.jpg
    Tenor 2012-03-17c.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
That pheasant wood is fabulous! Another gorgeous uke!

Another beautiful build!

How is the Pheasant wood to work with I have been thinking about doing a build with it

This particular set of wood is very hard like Brazilian rosewood, and bending it was slow going but I wish I had more sets.

Yeah, way beyond my means but it's stunning and I have no doubt it sounds as good as it looks. Wonderful uke Duane, wow!

Absolutely gorgeous uke, and way,way out of my league as well. I would have thought that a 2500 dollar uke would come with an included case though.

I see ukes like this and my immediate response is, man, that would be nice to play! Then I realize, wait, I already have a Sprucetop Black Bear tenor! No complaints here, they only get better with time. Good thing it's not a concert.

Pheasant sound like a bird taking flight! :) Thanks for the comments, this uke has been sold.

Wow, sold already? Duane, I really love what you are doing these days--making one of a kind, stunning instruments and showing the community the creativity and craftsmanship that has always been associated with Black Bear Ukuleles.

WOW...Congrats...Just as fast as a MB Ukulele... ;)

Awesome uke and great to see another great instrument hand made in Washington!

Top Bottom