FS: Gorgeous KoAloha Concert KCM-00

Status
Not open for further replies.

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am selling, with much remorse, my stunning KoAloha concert ukulele. I am selling her to help pay for a KoAloha Sceptre that I recently purchased. Though both are wonderful, I just cannot afford to keep both and I prefer the tenor scale. This concert's physical beauty is only outshined by her amazing sound. All Hawaiian Koa Body, sapele neck, koa fretboard with 5 point crown, koa binding along the fretboard, abalone inlay dots, friction tuners, "musubi" soundhole and a high gloss finish throughout. Ukulele will come with a tKL hard shell case with an ukulele underground, and Ukeeku stickers on top. This case is the nicest I have ever owned. It fits the ukulele perfectly, leather wrapped. This concert has been lovingly cared for. Kept in its case with an oasis humidifier in the sound hole. The humidifier is filled each week with distilled water only. The Koa on this uke is stunning. I would like to get $600, shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.
IMG_9988.jpgIMG_9983.jpgIMG_9986.jpg

IMG_9982.jpgIMG_9985.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice but not much of a reduction on the new price

Yes- When I put it up for sale the lowest price I could find online was $749 which included free shipping, and a soft padded hard case. I thought $600 including a great case, free shipping, and me picking up paypal fees was a very fair starting point on this KoAloha in truly perfect condition. Today, there is a new deal out there at $667, free shipping, no case. The case may not mean much to some buyers, so you are correct in that it is not much of a reduction from the new sale price. Sometimes, the fates are just not with me :eek:

OH MAN! That is one of my dream ukes, but I just bought a Mainland Mango concert and alas the uke fund is a bit low, but it is very tempting!

Aloha Kenikas,
Get them both.. ha ha

Bettah than sopranos and bettah than tenors...concerts sound frikin good!!

Yes- When I put it up for sale the lowest price I could find online was $749 which included free shipping, and a soft padded hard case. I thought $600 including a great case, free shipping, and me picking up paypal fees was a very fair starting point on this KoAloha in truly perfect condition. Today, there is a new deal out there at $667, free shipping, no case. The case may not mean much to some buyers, so you are correct in that it is not much of a reduction from the new sale price. Sometimes, the fates are just not with me :eek:

tell me about it efiscella, whenever i come to selling anything i have always got to take a lower price than my own estimate, hold out for a decent return m8, to me with the case and everything else included and the condition of the uke someone will have a bargain m8

tell me about it efiscella, whenever i come to selling anything i have always got to take a lower price than my own estimate, hold out for a decent return m8, to me with the case and everything else included and the condition of the uke someone will have a bargain m8

Thanks, Kaizer. I still think it is a great deal. When I was taking the pictures to put it up online, my wife said, "Oh no, you are not selling this one are you? You love this and it's so pretty." I told her I was going to put it out there because I spent a lot this year on ukuleles and the sceptre kinda put us over the edge. then she said, "You are not selling that case too, are you" It's the best case you own (and I own some pretty great Oahu and Ko'olau cases). So, I put it up with the idea that if I get my price, then I will sell. If not- than I still have a fabulous ukulele which to me is worth far more than anyone will actually pay for it. I think even at MSRP the KoAloha concert is worth every penny when it comes to price/value. I look at all of these Kamaka's priced much higher and, not to say that one is better than the other, but in terms of value for the dollar, the KoAloha can't be beat. I feel compelled to keep my price where it is and if it sells, it sells. Thanks for the support.

Oh man Nooooo, I don't know which is worse, you having to sell this uke, or me not having the $$ to buy it. I know how much you love this one. Not sure weather to wish you luck in getting the price you want, or hope it doesn't sell, so you get to keep it.

Oh man Nooooo, I don't know which is worse, you having to sell this uke, or me not having the $$ to buy it. I know how much you love this one. Not sure weather to wish you luck in getting the price you want, or hope it doesn't sell, so you get to keep it.
Ya Know, Mike- I feel the same way. when I was looking for a KoAloha concert, there was another UU member selling a Pikake. I offered him his asking price and then he told me he wanted to think about it over the weekend- he loved it so much. The weekend came and went and then he said he would sell and since he lived nearby, I said I would pick it up. Then, when I wanted to stop by to get it, he said he wasn't going to sell. So I purchased this one. then he told me he wanted to sell again. These things are just so endearing. I know what he was going through. I got the sceptre but I do have to admit that right now I like playing the concert more. I guess it is like having kids- you love them all, but you have your favorites- only we never sell our kids - well not literally :rolleyes:

So, I put it up with the idea that if I get my price, then I will sell. If not- than I still have a fabulous ukulele which to me is worth far more than anyone will actually pay for it. I think even at MSRP the KoAloha concert is worth every penny when it comes to price/value. I look at all of these Kamaka's priced much higher and, not to say that one is better than the other, but in terms of value for the dollar, the KoAloha can't be beat. I feel compelled to keep my price where it is and if it sells, it sells. Thanks for the support.

I love my Sceptre, but at the same time I regret not having the money to buy the concert from you. I'd love to have both! And yes, it is worth what you are asking for it. If I had the money, I'd send you a check or money order - screw the PayPal fees.

But right now I'm stuck saving up for a spinning wheel (halfway there), and the prices are very close - except that the wheel has more moving parts, and I don't want my wife to knit me a scarf out of used fluorocarbon strings.

-Kurt​

Ed: sweet concert. I notice that you have no sopranos. You gotta have at least one soprano! My Koaloha standard soprano looks just like yours...same condition. And with a hard case (without ukeeku stickers on it even).

If you want to trade straight up, plus I kick in $150 cash money order, then we can ship out on same day and be done with it. Think it over. Win win. Steve

Ed: sweet concert. I notice that you have no sopranos. You gotta have at least one soprano! My Koaloha standard soprano looks just like yours...same condition. And with a hard case (without ukeeku stickers on it even).

If you want to trade straight up, plus I kick in $150 cash money order, then we can ship out on same day and be done with it. Think it over. Win win. Steve

I've been wondering where you were Steve? Not that I expected that offer (sweet offer- I'll think about it and let you know), with the discussion that has pursued, I expected to see you with one of your wise-crack lines (I mean that as a compliment) that cuts right to the heart of the matter. I love your posts. Let me think about this. I also have an offer from Brian at KoAloha with a soprano (second) waiting for me in their office. What to do? what to do? Let me think about this. Thanks-- Ed

I love my Sceptre, but at the same time I regret not having the money to buy the concert from you. I'd love to have both! And yes, it is worth what you are asking for it. If I had the money, I'd send you a check or money order - screw the PayPal fees.

But right now I'm stuck saving up for a spinning wheel (halfway there), and the prices are very close - except that the wheel has more moving parts, and I don't want my wife to knit me a scarf out of used fluorocarbon strings.

-Kurt​

Thanks Kurt- it was actually your post on another thread that caused me to think about selling the concert and just keeping the Sceptre. Here's the thing about the price. I tell everyone that the one place I really trust buying and selling ukes is on UU. When you buy or sell it here, you are dealing with knowledgeable people who know the value of things, and if something is off, there will be a correction immediately. Also, I feel that selling on UU is like selling to your friends (or buying from your friend) and you never want to take advantage of a friend. I think the rule of the marketplace that you can't make your first post an offer to sell is an excellent rule. It asks that those posting become a real member of the community- literally. And as such, you are buying and selling from friends. The UU member who I purchased this Concert from took such good care of it, and you could tell how much he valued it. Circumstances forced him to sell it, but I value the sentiments he had for it. Every time I pick it up, I think of all of the owners who had this since 2009 and the care they took with it-- not a scratch or ding on it. Pretty impressive if you ask me. When I saw the post today about it being not much less than the current price online, I could have ignored it, or I could have lowered the price, or I could have pulled the uke from the sale. Instead, I opened it up to the community for discussion with the hopes that all of that collective wisdom would shine through. I love my new passion for the ukulele but I also truly value the community here, who I find to be genuine, open, caring, and knowledgeable friends. Thanks

Good deal and decent price IMO. Sorry I am not going to make an offer, just got my kamaka concert last Dec. But I do think it is a really nice deal if anyone who is a KoAloha fan or wants to be one soon.

Cool, Ed. No rush. I'll give you until midnight tonight. LOL

And, unlike Brian at KoAloha's, my uke is a first (not a lowly second--can you imagine the future resale on a second; having to tell everyone "it's a black dot second, but I'm the first owner, I swear to God!", and "For the life of me, I can't see why it's a second. No, I swear on a stack of Bibles, there's no stains or sharps frets or anything. I guess you'll have to grill Papa KoAloha about why it's a second. Sheesh, lay off man, I have eyes and there's nothing wrong with it. <long pause> Read my lips: I don't know why it's a second."). LOL

And, is Brian throwing in a brand new (not a scuff on it, non-smoking household) case? I didn't think so.

LOL Totally no rush, Ed. You've got bigger things on your mind--like Jake! We can talk in a week or two. See what the KoAloha concert gets online. It's sweet. C ya. Steve

I just pulled the trigger on a Kiwaya Master Koa tenor...one of only 1000 they made. I'm still shaking. Pics to follow when it gets here.

I've been wondering where you were Steve? Not that I expected that offer (sweet offer- I'll think about it and let you know), with the discussion that has pursued, I expected to see you with one of your wise-crack lines (I mean that as a compliment) that cuts right to the heart of the matter. I love your posts. Let me think about this. I also have an offer from Brian at KoAloha with a soprano (second) waiting for me in their office. What to do? what to do? Let me think about this. Thanks-- Ed

Last edited:
I was the original owner of this uke. It truly is phenomenal. I sold it to invest money towards a kanile'a tenor and I can say with utmost certainty that this was the bust sounding ukulele that I have ever owned. Don't get me wrong, the Kanile'a tenor is phenomenal, and I like a warm sounding uke...but there was just something about this ko'aloha that made it sound so wonderful. If I hadn't just ordered a custom uke, I would buy this uke back with no hesitation. Somebody buy this thing before I have to start selling stuff to buy it!

excellent price IMO.

I'll also say I owned one of these and let it go, only to get it back in a trade for my sceptre (I preferred the concert's sound over the sceptre's sound).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom