To those who try to correct people's pronounciation of the word 'ukulele'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choweet

Reaction score
...find something better to do with your life.

Seriously.

The same might be said of those who take such offense at being corrected that they feel the need to start a thread about it on an online ukulele board.

Seriously.

(I mean, if that's the most bothersome thing you've dealt with all day, I'm going to say it sounds kind of idyllic to me...)

The same might be said of those who take such offense at being corrected that they feel the need to start a thread about it on an online ukulele board.

Seriously.

(I mean, if that's the most bothersome thing you've dealt with all day, I'm going to say it sounds kind of idyllic to me...)

LMFAO...That's some funny stuff!!

I'm a victim of this linguistic, semantic and phonetic torment too brother and I stand with you!!! I am however an uneducated redneck and cannot accept full responsibility for my ignorance as life has been most unkind to me and I am from a poor background with non-Christian parents. oookooolaylay yoookoolaylee to-mate-a to-mart-yr let's call the whole thing off. call it what you want bro. If all that fails please call Ian Chadwick who has knowledge to burn in such matters.

It's a yookoolayleee so there :p

Well, the Hawaiians do pronounce the word correctly. What few people realize is that they stole their pronunciation of this words from the Iberians. In Spanish, this word is pronounced "Oo-koo-lay-lay". The same with the other Iberian country, Portugal. And we all know the first instruments were built by these Iberian immigrants to Hawaii.

Dont let the Hawaiians act like this is their sovereign territory. My guess is that they were corrected by the Portuguese! ;)

Everyone has their own pronounciation. My wife pronounces it, "ohnotanotherone".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom