My new uke! Thanks Mim!

smellofstrings

Reaction score
Without further ado :rock::rock::rock:

BI-MO-CTS-head.jpg

BI-MO-CTS-front.jpg

BI-MO-CTS-back.jpg

Big Island BI-MO-CTS (Solid Hawaiian Mango Concert)

Gorgeous! Flawless! Play like butter!

Lesson learnt:
NEVER SHIP INSTRUMENTS TO HONG KONG BY USPS PRIORITY COZ IT TAKES A WHOLE MONTH

No i'm not blaming Mim! She's very very responsible! It's the freaking slow USPS Priority that drives me nuts!

But never mind, I got the tasty mango finally! ;)

And her name is Halo (inspired by the huge koa rosette)!

WOW!

How gorgeous is that?!

Love the curl!

Glad you finally got your new uke; props to Mim for hooking you up!

Congrats. Very nice addition to a nice collection. May you two make much beautiful music together.

Can't wait for your first vid with it

Yes thanks Erin for introducing Mim to me! Although I love my mango bookmatch, I really think that yours is a true jaw dropper!

Yes thanks Erin for introducing Mim to me! Although I love my mango bookmatch, I really think that yours is a true jaw dropper!

I loved your mango. When I sent you the pics of the two, I thought yours was the prettiest and most unique and was tickled when you thought so too!

Halo, pretty name, I like it!

And yes, USPS... usually they come through for me, but I guess Hong Kong and Norway it gets tied up. Everywhere else (heck even South Africa) is 2 weeks usually. I am so glad you love it!!! AND... I am glad it got there. I was picturing this lonely uke in a box in a lost pile somewhere. I havent lost one yet and it would be my luck that it was such a pretty uke!

Have been playing it for half an hour, can't put it down!

First impression:

1. So playable! Effortless!
2. Not as bright as i expect, and in fact kinda warm, which is great!
3. Aquila strings sound so good on this uke!
4. Normally I prefer a 12 fret concert as I like that less-tension sounding. But this 14 fret concert also gives me the sound I like.

Last edited:
Ho, Bruddah William!

CONGRATS on your new uke!!! She's a beauty!

Remember your Thread that you posted when you were looking around for a Big Island Mango concert uke? I mentioned that I played both the tenor and concert ukes @ the NAMM SHOW and they had a surprisingly rich warm tone with great projection. I really like how they sound! They're definitely not bright that's for sure.

Enjoy your new addition!

Aloha,

Kimo

Thanks all!

Two criticisms:

1. Action below fret 10 is a bit too high, gotta find a tech to adjust it!
2. Sustain is short comparing to my two Collings ukes. I wanna try Kala Red strings with wound C and E. Anyone can comment on it?

Congrats! what a beautiful ukulele, love that wood, the colors and grain compliment each other so well.

Beautiful!

Not that I need an another ukulele, but I do need an excuse to buy one from Mim! I've heard nothing but great things about her set-up and she just plain rawks! :rock:

Without further ado :rock::rock::rock:

.............Lesson learnt:
NEVER SHIP INSTRUMENTS TO HONG KONG BY USPS PRIORITY COZ IT TAKES A WHOLE MONTH

No i'm not blaming Mim! She's very very responsible! It's the freaking slow USPS Priority that drives me nuts!..........

You can thank the US Postal Service cutting back on the entire workforce. Lines are growing at most every local Post Office, and service is not what it once was. Years of losing billions of dollars a year is taking it's toll.

Even "Express Mail" fees , which are guarenteed by a certain date,......are quite often refunded because the Post Office fails to deliver by the guarentee date. (creating even higher losses)

..............might be easier to move to the United States, when you can expect "slightly" faster service! :D

..............might be easier to move to the United States, when you can expect "slightly" faster service! :D
yes Joe! Now there's an idea!!!

Beautiful uke William. Congrats mate. Can't wait to hear what you do with it :cool:

That is a very nifty grain. Rustic looking.

Congratulations on your gorgeous new ukulele! My first solid koa ukulele was a Big Island honu tenor, and I love it. BI does a great job designing ukuleles, and it seems to get ahold of great looking woods.

For what it's worth, I seem to get more sustain from Worths than from Aquilas.

Top Bottom