Kamaka VS Other Brands

mierz13

Reaction score
Hey UU!

WEll I had a question because I want to buy an ukulele. I really want a Kamaka Uke but they can be very expensive. But besides Kamaka, what other brand has a great sounding uke?

What's your budget?

KoAloha's are real nice for the money. Very different sound than a Kamaka though, in myexperience.

My range would be $600 and under...

and thank you for the help =)

Here's an idea. Watch a bunch of videos and if you hear something you like, check out what they're playing.

There are heaps concerts and tenors under $600 that sound great.

For $600 or under, I'd probably go for a KoAloha - if you don;t mind the non-traditional look.
They're real fines ukes for the dough, and they're made in Hawaii. Nice fat sound with lots of overtones.

If you could higher than that, I'd get a LoPrinzi.

Last edited:
Hey UU!

WEll I had a question because I want to buy an ukulele. I really want a Kamaka Uke but they can be very expensive. But besides Kamaka, what other brand has a great sounding uke?

Hey bro!
I would say try out a Pono! They sound saweet! They have them in low G but you can always just change the strings, but I saw Pono tenor.

Most important though. If you have the time hit the music store and try out Ukulele's for yourself. That really is the best way.

Hey bro!
I would say try out a Pono! They sound saweet! They have them in low G but you can always just change the strings, but I saw Pono tenor.

Most important though. If you have the time hit the music store and try out Ukulele's for yourself. That really is the best way.

i just bought a pono not too long ago and i love it! i got it for about $425 with a case. its a tenor, solid (striped) mahogany, acoustic/electric, with cutaway.

a vid of me playing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sl1EOByJpI

i got it from Hawaii Music Supply on Oahu

Top Bottom