Savarez string sets 140R

Guitar2ukulele

Reaction score
Are the Savarez string sets at stringbymail the repackaged alliance sets, the 140R for concerts? I went try my friends Concert which had the Savarez alliance on them but he said he bought them in singles and not in a set. Are the 140R the same as the singles.

I've been trying to research them and not having much luck. The string diameters are different from the 540R set. The singles are 541R, 542R, 543R with D'Addario 4304 D string (for low G) or just use another 541R for re-entrant. Just an FYI, I've only used these with a tenor.

Last edited:
Just as I was writing to Savarez, I found this on their site. They are Alliance KF strings... so that's what is being "uke size" packaged by Savarez.

I'm a huge fan of their Alliance HT guitar strings and will stick with those on my tenor as they work fantastic on my Kanilea.
I do have Uke set on my Collins tenor and the KF strings do work well on it, better than the Aquilas it came with for sure for my ears.
I dropped of a pack to Peter Hurney to string up my Pohaku concert so it will be interesting to see how that sounds.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Top Bottom