PDA

View Full Version : Savarez string sets 140R

Guitar2ukulele
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Are the Savarez string sets at stringbymail the repackaged alliance sets, the 140R for concerts? I went try my friends Concert which had the Savarez alliance on them but he said he bought them in singles and not in a set. Are the 140R the same as the singles.

Kanaka916
03-20-2012, 02:08 AM
I've been trying to research them and not having much luck. The string diameters are different from the 540R set. The singles are 541R, 542R, 543R with D'Addario 4304 D string (for low G) or just use another 541R for re-entrant. Just an FYI, I've only used these with a tenor.

blue_knight_usa
05-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Just as I was writing to Savarez, I found this on their site. They are Alliance KF strings... so that's what is being "uke size" packaged by Savarez.

I'm a huge fan of their Alliance HT guitar strings and will stick with those on my tenor as they work fantastic on my Kanilea.
I do have Uke set on my Collins tenor and the KF strings do work well on it, better than the Aquilas it came with for sure for my ears.
I dropped of a pack to Peter Hurney to string up my Pohaku concert so it will be interesting to see how that sounds.

Cheers,