PDA

View Full Version : Boat Paddle Kayak build underway!

AKuker
03-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I got an email from Jerry at Boat Paddle Ukes today to let me know he has started on my Kayak concert uke. I wasn't expecting to hear from him until the end of April! It's Padauk back and sides with an Adirondak Spruce top. Can't wait!

gokidd
03-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Congratulations!
That Padauk is hard wood and really channels the sound.
I think I heard it attracts bears, though, so you best send it my way for testing before importing it into Alaska.

Just to be safe.
;-)

dkcrown
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
I always loved the look and shape of the Kayak Boat Paddle's. I have never had a chance to play one though. Will Jerry send you progress pics?

Doc_J
03-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Congrats! I have played 3 of Jerry's ukes, each sounded fantastic, with perfect intonation. His ukes are an amazingly great value. I currently have one of his new 12-fret concert ukes, which is also very light.

WhenDogsSing
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
I have an M style concert that I think is the best playing and sounding ukulele I have. Hope yours is the same...!!!

Jon Moody
03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I have an M style concert 5 string and it is such a gorgeous sounding instrument. It's really fantastic.

Congrats on the Kayak! I've been eyeing one of those, but Jerry is unveiling a new, cigar style uke at an upcoming uke festival so I may hold off and get one of those.

AKuker
03-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Congratulations!
That Padauk is hard wood and really channels the sound.
I think I heard it attracts bears, though, so you best send it my way for testing before importing it into Alaska.

Just to be safe.
;-)

Haha. No problem. Whenever I play it, I'll strap on the gun I take when fishing! Probably keep the hecklers down too.

Jerry says he'll send pics when the build is done. I saw a picture of his cigar box uke in a thread recently. I love the style of the Kayak. I'm a Woodturner & paduak is one of my favorite woods. It's great when the piece is done to put the oil on it and see the color come out.

Kem
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I have an M-style soprano, and I love it madly. The sound is beautiful, the intonation is perfect, and the instrument itself just looks elegant. I don't even have one of the really fancy-schmancy models; it's simple and lovely.

Uke Republic
03-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Congrats that should be a beautiful instrument. They sound great too