Boat Paddle Kayak build underway!

AKuker

Reaction score
I got an email from Jerry at Boat Paddle Ukes today to let me know he has started on my Kayak concert uke. I wasn't expecting to hear from him until the end of April! It's Padauk back and sides with an Adirondak Spruce top. Can't wait!

Congratulations!
That Padauk is hard wood and really channels the sound.
I think I heard it attracts bears, though, so you best send it my way for testing before importing it into Alaska.

Just to be safe.
;-)

I always loved the look and shape of the Kayak Boat Paddle's. I have never had a chance to play one though. Will Jerry send you progress pics?

Congrats! I have played 3 of Jerry's ukes, each sounded fantastic, with perfect intonation. His ukes are an amazingly great value. I currently have one of his new 12-fret concert ukes, which is also very light.

I have an M style concert that I think is the best playing and sounding ukulele I have. Hope yours is the same...!!!

I have an M style concert 5 string and it is such a gorgeous sounding instrument. It's really fantastic.

Congrats on the Kayak! I've been eyeing one of those, but Jerry is unveiling a new, cigar style uke at an upcoming uke festival so I may hold off and get one of those.

Congratulations!
That Padauk is hard wood and really channels the sound.
I think I heard it attracts bears, though, so you best send it my way for testing before importing it into Alaska.

Just to be safe.
;-)

Haha. No problem. Whenever I play it, I'll strap on the gun I take when fishing! Probably keep the hecklers down too.

Jerry says he'll send pics when the build is done. I saw a picture of his cigar box uke in a thread recently. I love the style of the Kayak. I'm a Woodturner & paduak is one of my favorite woods. It's great when the piece is done to put the oil on it and see the color come out.

Top Bottom