What was your first uke?

cashew

Reaction score
I'm noticing a lot of people recieving their first uke's now--- and I'm wondering, especially for the long time players..

What was your first Uke?

Mine was a kala kiwi-- and I love it!

Concert Lanikai. This guy plays it now.

Johnson uk-120 Soprano, got it on a whim and had no clue how many different/nice Ukulele's were out there.

My first Uku is the Uke I'm still using now. I bought it at a swap meet a year ago, a Baritone Uke with Tenor strings. To this day I still don't know what brand it is. No insignia, no stickers, no nothing. I'm curious but I kinda like the mystery.

Oscar Schmidt OU-5. Bought it off a friend for cheap.

Well, it looks nice at least.

JJ

My first was this 30 dollar painted up mahalo with pineapples and bananas on it. It came with an instructional dvd which I still haven't even bothered with (internet is fine) , a pitch pipe (which by the way the G doesnt even make a sound when i blow in it) and a few other things like a felt pick and a crappy little bag. The intonation totally sucks and it doesn't stay in tune at all. Now it just hangs on my wall.

First uke I owned was an Aria baritone from the late 1970s. It was my grandfather's, and it ended up in our house after he passed away. I've been banging around on it for years now.
The first uke I purchased was a Kamaka soprano. During a month-long stay on Kaua'i, I really missed my guitar and wanted to buy a cheap one. I walked into Bounty Music and somehow exited with my little Kamaka instead.

Top Bottom