The Kamoa Evolves are Coming: Time to Butter Up the Spouses!

Mim

Reaction score
Normally I dont talk about my stuff I will have for sale on here. But But I know people wanted to know about these, so here is all the new info I have!

Ok, officially, they are rolling off the line as we speak and Sam says they are Sah-weet!!! And I know they will be because Sam is a perfectionist... and is the reason I love Kamoa so much. They will be here first of April! I was first to order (within the first 30 min that they opened the door at NAMM... these were THAT awesome, so I get first shipment... HOORAY) I get a lot of questions about these and thought I would post the info in one handy-dandy place!

(PS For those who pre-ordered or inquired, I am going through my PMs right now and have caught up on my e-mails, so if you dont hear from me by tomorrow afternoon and wanted to order from me, drop me a line. I am moved in, settled in, and catching up on correspondance and will get back to your right away... my in-box of 150 is down to 20, but my UU PM box is still a hot mess! But should be cleared out by tomorrow!)

The E Series Evolve MSRP: $599
The Custom Evolve MSRP: $1098

This price can vary. Contact me with shipping location for final price.

The E Series first run will be offered in Black, Red, & Blue
The Custom will be offered in any of the colors you see in the Kamoa 700 Custom Series (examples: pruple, blue, green, grey, orange, red, etc.) It is recommended you preorder for the custom because I dont like to spec what colors people.

The customs have upgraded electronics, neck and inlay detailing, and the exotic tiger flame maple body.

These videos are the first released from the Kamoa® Evolve™ Series. The Evolve is an all electric carved hollow body ukulele. The videos demonstrate the amazing tone and versatility of this incredible new Kamoa instrument. Demonstrated clean and at various levels of saturation (distortion). FYI: He is playing a custom in this video!

Here is an E3, but keep in mind it is not launching in this color yet, it will be in Black, Red, or Blue:

They look and sound great, I'm sure you will sell a ton of them. I really like that purple one, and for $599 that is not too bad a price. I might have to issue a restraining order for myself to keep away from a red one, or I might not be able to resist buying one.

Have you heard anything about the Kauai built koa Kamoas? I'm really itching to find out more details about those.

Last edited:
I'm excited for these to come out. Might be my next uke if I can figure out a way to get my hands on one to try it out... I look forward to some reviews.

I just remembered that I always wanted one of these. Wow

I just remembered that I always wanted one of these. Wow

When I saw them at NAMM, I picked one up, I played it, I marveled at it, and I walked up to Sam and proclaimed "I have been waiting my whole life for someone to create this uke!" To which he said "Wow" and then played it, and I was even more in love! So I HAD to sell them! I love to sell what I love and I LOVE THESE!

I think you know that I want one of them.....

I was set on black, but red is creeping up the want meter. If you can post photos once you get them, I will pull the trigger.

Thanks

The sound is extraordinary. Thanks. Now I want one. NO MORE UKES...stop it now!

I could see getting one of these and playing it on a little Fender Blues Jr.....must resist....already have electric guitar....

I could see getting one of these and playing it on a little Fender Blues Jr.....must resist....already have electric guitar....

Heh, heh. That's kind of where I'm at. When I first watched the vids I was like, "wow, pull out the Visa, gotta have one of these." And, honestly, I'd still love to have one. But, after thinking about it a few minutes it's pretty obvious that I don't need one. Anything I could do on a steel-string uke I can do by playing up the neck on any of my electric guitars - and they're honestly more versatile. I could even restring one of my electrics so the four treble strings are in reentrant tuning, if I wanted to.

So, the Kamoas are great looking and sounding instruments and I would love to have one but I don't see myself buying one. Now, somebody who didn't already play electric guitars and have a whole stable of them, I can easily see the Kamoa being a very attractive option for them.

John

Any idea what sort of gauges are used on them? Don't suppose you could use flatwounds?

I believe they come with flatwounds. I can let you know the gagues as well. If anyone has any specific questions put them here, I will compile them and get them answered. If not by me, by Sam. I just want to ask them all at once than a bunch of little e-mails.

I wonder how heavy they are?

They are quite heavy, not terrible. But standing up I would want a strap. But I am a strap gal. I will ask specific weight as well!

Top Bottom