Pickup/case/humidifier recommendations for Covered Bridge tenor?

pict

Reaction score
Hi,

I play guitar and mandolin but am a complete beginner with ukuleles.

I just bought a new Covered Bridge mahogany tenor, and am looking for a case to send to them to ship it in. Does anyone have a recommendation for a case that fits their tenors nicely? I spend a lot of time in Arizona so am ideally looking for something with a wooden shell that will buffer the humidity.

Regarding humidifiers, I am using Planet Wave humidipaks with the acoustic guitars and these seem to work very well. Can I use these with a uke or is the soundhole too small to squeeze in the wallets? I've seen the dampit type sponge tube styles offered but I'm always concerned about over-humidifying with those... what would people suggest is best please?

Lastly, I want to install an active pickup for use with a Roland AC60 and direct recording via an Apogee Duet 2. The two I have narrowed it down to are the Fishman Infinity Matrix and the Mi-Si acoustic Trio, but currently I am favouring the Mi-Si as being more compact with no battery to house. People seem to like the sound as well. I was wondering if anybody has installed the Mi-Si with the optional Vol/Tone module? Does this EQ unit work well and perform a useful role or is it best to EQ at the amp/mixer if necessary?

Any advice and suggestions gratefully appreciated.

John

Top Bottom